how many questions are there in each section?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

topgun129

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick Question:

How many questions are there in each section? Also we are not allowed a calculator right? Anything given to us for the exam?

Members don't see this ad.

I hope that I am not pointing out the obvious to you, but there are 40 Biology, 30 Gen Chem, 30 Ochem questions in the science section. Then there is the perceptual abilities that has 15 projections, 15 top-front-end, 15 angle ranking, 15 hole punch, and 15 paper folding questions. Then there is a 50 question reading comprehension, and then the 40 questions of math. No calculators and you get a few sheets of scratch paper. Thats it. I think that is what you were asking? If you didnt know that, and I mean no offense by saying this, but you oughta get Topscore of something.

hi,

I knew the number of questions were around the numbers you posted but just wanted to make sure just to see how much time I have per question (and section).

I'm planning on getting topscore also and maybe dat achiever for pat practice.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah, good tip. i'm using kaplan blue book but backing everything up with schaums (especially bio!).

You probably are going to get topscore, and that is good. The science section is 90 minutes for 100 questions. What I have found is that you will need about 20 to 25 minutes for Bio and 20 to 25 minutes for Ochem. The bulk of my time I spend doing stupid G Chem (its a butt kicker). My point is that just make sure that you dont burn up a lot of time doing Bio and leave yourself hanging for Ochem, because Gchem is going to eat up time.

topgun129 said:
Quick Question:

How many questions are there in each section?

Have people gotten lazier and lazier with the advent of these forums?

OP: go to any bookstore and take a look at the Kaplan DAT book.