How many questions correct to pass Step 1 ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kobebucsfan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
so Step 1 has 322 questions. How many questions correct to pass.

so 70% is pass right , im just confused about the scoring

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know how many correct you need to pass, but it does NOT have 322 questions... it's 280 or less.

I don't think it works like that. The number you need correct depends on the scale of the test.

I forget the number but it's typically lower than 70% I am pretty sure

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard that it is quite likely to be probably around 60-64% depending on difficulty/scale.

Reactions: 1 user
How does it matter?
It is impossible to know the exact number of questions you need to correctly answer to pass since there are so many variables and weightages depending on degree of dificulty of a particular question.
Even if you knew the exact number, what will you do? Prepare so that you can get the minimum number of questions right or stop answering questions once you have reached the desired number on the test?
Personally I believe in the saying "prepare for the worst, hope for the best"

Reactions: 2 users
How does it matter?
It is impossible to know the exact number of questions you need to correctly answer to pass since there are so many variables and weightages depending on degree of dificulty of a particular question.
Even if you knew the exact number, what will you do? Prepare so that you can get the minimum number of questions right or stop answering questions once you have reached the desired number on the test?
Personally I believe in the saying "prepare for the worst, hope for the best"
Totally agree!