How many questions (UWorld/COMBANK) should I aim to complete?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fattymangox03

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many questions are you planning on getting through by the end of your study period? I'm trying to gauge how many questions I should be doing per day.

Members don't see this ad.

How many questions are you planning on getting through by the end of your study period? I'm trying to gauge how many questions I should be doing per day.

Do all of them. And then do them again. How many days do you have? It all depends on how much time you have before your exam. But plan it so you can do the qbanks twice.

Do all of them. And then do them again. How many days do you have? It all depends on how much time you have before your exam. But plan it so you can do the qbanks twice.

UWorld has ~2000 questions and COMBANK has about ~1800. I have 46 days! Do you think doing it twice is really necessary? :eek:

UWorld has ~2000 questions and COMBANK has about ~1800. I have 46 days! Do you think doing it twice is really necessary? :eek:

I'd say best bet is to do all of UWorld (1-2x) + at least some of another QBank. I've been doing UWorld + all the Kaplan QBank High Yield questions.

Members don't see this ad :)

I am in the same boat as you, I assume you are taking it on June 22. And I have to complete both Uworld and COMBANK. I am finishing Uworld first then I will do COMBANK OMM questions and then I will do the rest of COMBANK before my Comlex on the 22nd.

I found that my Qbank scores took a sudden jump (from an average of ~50-60% to ~65%) after I finished about 1000 questions. That's in line with what a lot of people say online... apparently, it's a common phenomenon. What I didn't expect was that my scores took another sudden jump (up to about 75%) after I finished about 3000 questions. I think it's because after you finish a certain magic number of questions, you get to the point where you've seen all of the common things that are asked.

I found that my Qbank scores took a sudden jump (from an average of ~50-60% to ~65%) after I finished about 1000 questions. That's in line with what a lot of people say online... apparently, it's a common phenomenon. What I didn't expect was that my scores took another sudden jump (up to about 75%) after I finished about 3000 questions. I think it's because after you finish a certain magic number of questions, you get to the point where you've seen all of the common things that are asked.

So thats a good thing right?