how many recently graduated bachelors in here, and what are you currently doing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theNEWgirl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
well, I'm just wondering how many of us are out there, and what are you guys currently doing ... myself, I'm taking additional classes at a nearby college, shadowing physician, volunteering, and trying to find a job :thumbup:

(don't move this, i'm interested in hearing only pre-allo)

Members don't see this ad.

I graduated in '06, dunno if you're only interested in hearing what '07 grads have to say.

I worked for just about a year (manager at a manufacturing company :barf: then office personnel at a department store), studied for and took my MCAT this past spring, have begun a new volunteering gig at a cat adoption shelter, and took 2 courses since March. I quit work in June and will be starting school again full-time in a few days. I'm also applying to med this year.

i graduated in april '07, and then retook the mcat, took a cna course, am volunteering in new places (since i moved), and finding a freakin job.. i'll need one now especially after all the application fees :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
06 grad worked as a research coordinator at a med sch...studied and took some classes about to quit and study for the mcat full time and apply jun 08

I graduated in May and took a job with a research project. I run test subjects, take vitals and the like. I need to start volunteering, but it's been so nice to just work, get paid, and actually read for a reason other than class. I mean, I actually have a hobby now instead of just pre-med classes, MCAT stuff, and secondaries (all submitted 2 weeks ago).

The calm before the storm...

I graduated in May. Since then, I've been studying for the MCAT but I took it in early August. I've been on the job hunt since and am flying out to LA soon for a few interviews. I'm hoping to work in a university environment, doing research or supporting research efforts in one way or another. It's just so laid back... I'll also start some volunteering thing when I get settled in my new city.

Graduated from UVa in the spring. My goals for the year off:

Get into med school
Work (job mentoring kids "with issues" and managing their cases)
Taking biochem at a local college
Working out like a fiend
Rednecking it up

graduated Dec 06
Took a class in fall of 07
took the MCAT summer of 07
currently interviewing for research jobs, volunteering, trying to find someone to shadow, applying for Kaplan teaching

Also a 2006 grad, I became Certified as a CNA and work at a hospital. I also took that pesky test known as the MCAT while completing a few post-bac science courses. However, my biggest activity has probably been catching up on all the TV I missed in college. Who else can't wait for LOST in January???

Job at a private practice where I work as a histotech and conduct pretty basic clinical research in the hopes of getting published.

Personally, I'm watching a lot of TV too. Not LOST, though, you freaks. That show became dead to me when the polar bear showed up in season 3.

Now Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares (American edition), on the other hand, is a keeper.

Lets see... graduated may '06, worked in research lab and also at the humane society while trying to find time to volunteer. since april i have now been working full time at a teleradiology company as a radiology assistant and still trying to find time to volunteer. Oh yeah, trying to get into med school too, but you know, thats just a minor thing ;)

I graduated May, 06. I took a year to work because I wanted to make sure my fiance would get work in my home city before applying to med school...I really didn't want to spend my first year in med school far away from my husband, that would suck! I worked in a clinical lab as a lab tech in hematology (cool stuff!) and just pretty much chilled and became a human again after my crazy undergrad. I def recommend a year off to anyone :) Now I'm just praying that I get accepted EDP to my state school!

I def recommend a year off to anyone :)
I agree. While I took a year off not by choice, but due to circumstances beyond my control (lacking pre-reqs, etc), I definitely don't regret it - even though I hardly did anything ground-breaking in the meantime. At the very least, taking a year off from full-time schooling was beneficial. I remember thinking how glad I am to not have to start school full-time last September.

I graduated in 06. I did a bunch of random things: taught piano, pharma sales, and now I work for the cal. dept. of public health. I plan on applying in 08.