how many rounds of interviews are given?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shazzie

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone... just wondering how many rounds of interview are given out? when are the latest interviews given? i am an US img and i submitted my application the first week of september. i applied to 50 FM residencies and recieved abt 10 rejections. i havent heard anything from the rest of them. just wondering if i should apply to more programs now or should i wait to hear from the rest?? i just recently took my CS exam but wont get the results until december.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone... just wondering how many rounds of interview are given out? when are the latest interviews given? i am an US img and i submitted my application the first week of september. i applied to 50 FM residencies and recieved abt 10 rejections. i havent heard anything from the rest of them. just wondering if i should apply to more programs now or should i wait to hear from the rest?? i just recently took my CS exam but wont get the results until december.

It's usually a rolling process. Some of those programs you haven;t heard from may be waiting until your CS results are back. Some may simply have not yet reviewed your application.

It would be reasonable to wait until mid Oct and see what happens, then consider adding more programs. Or, if it will make you sleep better, you could simply apply to more now.

Oh...ok thanks for the advice!