How many schools are you all applying to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jargon124

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in for 26. I was advised to apply for 15 at the absolute maximum by my pre-health advisor. It's alot of time and $$$ but I figure what the heck. What do you guys think? How many schools are you all applying to?

Members don't see this ad.

I've applied to 18, but if I"m admitted to my state school (I'm supposed to find out by November), I plan to withdraw half of my applications.

I think it's all a matter of personal preference, really. :)

All of them!

No, really just 10. I tried to really cut it down both for financial and location/would i really be happy there reasons...

Members don't see this ad :)
I am a californian, so i have applied to 41..

I was also advised to apply to 15 max, and applied to 25. I am from CA too, but the cost of applying to this many is breaking my bank. I figured I would rather apply to too many schools and get in this year than risk having to deal with AMCAS all over again! :)

41 is too high, even for CA. My advisor said 25 is average for CA, 12 or 13 elsewhere.

24. I do not ever want to do this again!

At the University of Florida (mine), we cant apply to over 20 schools. Since the school only provides letter distribution for 20 schools per academic year,it is almost impossible to apply to anymore, unless you ask all your professors to send a Rec Letter on your behalf to the additional schools.

27!!! I don't want to risk taking a year off! If I get another graduate degree I have to wait till it is completed before a school will take me. I guess I took the DO or DIE approach... :cool:

21......and I am currently eating cereal for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I designated 11 on AMCAS, but I'm only returning 9 secondaries.

I applied to 8 on AMCAS. Then I rejected Duke, and Nebraska rejected me. Then I was down to 6. My first interview went extremely well, so.....

If I get good news on the 15th (I'm calling as soon as the office opens), I'll drop four more to make it two schools.

So, in reality, I guess I only applied to two schools, but I paid for 8. :)

i applied to 41 because i dont want to regret later on if, God forbid, i dont get in :)... everyone says money shouldnt be a factor, so i listen to that :).. and by the way, i never follow pre-med advisors..

(primaries)

MIN: 9
MAX: 18

I probably won't reach the max. I'll most likely settle around the 12-15 mark.

I had 19 on my AMCAS, but only returned 11 secondaries. My U. Chicago interview went pretty well, though, so in 4 weeks HOPEFULLY I'll be withdrawing from almost everywhere.

I applied to 25, rejected from 4, have secondaries for 16, waiting on 5.

I wouldn't even know where to find a premed advisor, and I doubt I'd like to do so.

Andrew

4 AMCAS Schools,
4 Secondaries In
1 Interview Done

Currently playing the waiting game.

18 AMCAS (had to cut it down from 27)
17 Secondaries (didn't finish applying to SUNY Buffalo)
6 interviews - 4 done, one to go and I canceled the 6th

25 here. Got a bunch of secondaries, not sending back 2, and still waiting on all the UC's except Davis. By the way, I'm from CA.

I'm applying to 25. If I start to get a bunch of interviews (not likely) I will probably cut a couple of schools from the bottom of my list.