How many schools are you applying to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How many pharmacy schools are you applying to?

• 1-3 schools

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • 4-7 schools

Votes: 20 32.3%
  • 8-12 schools

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • 13 or more schools

Votes: 10 16.1%

• Total voters

Waffleguy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to get a feel for how many schools most people are applying for. Last year I applied to 2 of them and was denied. This year I am applying to 8 schools. Is 8 conisidered a lot of schools? When interview time rolls around, would it make me look bad to tell them I have applied to such a large number of schools?

Members don't see this ad.

about 4 schools. I'm hoping i get into at least 1. My bank account is in negatives :/

I'm applying to 9:

UNC-interview 11/14
UK-interview 11/21
Creighton campus-pathway- interview 12/5

SCCP
UGA
ETSU
Midwestern-CCP
UMN
Pacific Univ.

I feel like I should stop now!

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to 7 through PharmCas--Then found out my wife is pregnant!!
So I filed secondaries with 4.

Lipscomb-Interview on Dec. 3rd
Belmont-Secondary submitted
Samford-Secondary submitted
Palm Beach Atlantic-Secondary submitted

Hope that helps!!

about 4 schools. I'm hoping i get into at least 1. My bank account is in negatives :/
I've never applied to pharmacy school but I have a general idea that it's probably expensive. How much have you or anybody reading this spent so far? Is it fair to say each application to a school is generally 100-200 overall including supps?

I've never applied to pharmacy school but I have a general idea that it's probably expensive. How much have you or anybody reading this spent so far? Is it fair to say each application to a school is generally 100-200 overall including supps?

that sounds right. i applied to 12 schools this cycle and it cost me around 1200.

I apply to 3 schools because I do not have money to fly around. If I do not get in any of 3 schools, I will add a few more. However, I got in!

I dropped a cool $1,100 on apps. Pharmcas bent me over lubelessly.

My tally is well over $3000 at this point. Between PharmCAS, transcripts, app fees, supp. fess, and traveling for interviews, this process is getting ridiculously expensive. I figure by the time I've finished all my interviews and put down a couple of deposits, I'll have hit the $6-8k mark. :eek:

I applied to 5 schools and have spent around $1600 for everything. Pharmcas ($220), pcat twice plus practice test ($300), 5 supplementals ($350), gas for travel ($150), new suit ($300), confirmation deposit ($250).

Last year, I applied to 4. This year, only one. Ironically, I spent more on PharmCAS and supplemental (total $215) than I did for my interview trip ($162). Viva Greyhound!