• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Site Updates Coming Soon

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

How many schools are you applying to?

How many pharmacy schools are you applying to?

• 1-3 schools

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • 4-7 schools

Votes: 20 32.3%
  • 8-12 schools

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • 13 or more schools

Votes: 10 16.1%

• Total voters

Waffleguy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2007
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I'm trying to get a feel for how many schools most people are applying for. Last year I applied to 2 of them and was denied. This year I am applying to 8 schools. Is 8 conisidered a lot of schools? When interview time rolls around, would it make me look bad to tell them I have applied to such a large number of schools?

Upvote 0
About the Ads

RXsocal

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2008
Southern California
  1. Pharmacist
about 4 schools. I'm hoping i get into at least 1. My bank account is in negatives :/
I've never applied to pharmacy school but I have a general idea that it's probably expensive. How much have you or anybody reading this spent so far? Is it fair to say each application to a school is generally 100-200 overall including supps?

Upvote 0

bigpanda

10+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2008
Orange County, CA
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I've never applied to pharmacy school but I have a general idea that it's probably expensive. How much have you or anybody reading this spent so far? Is it fair to say each application to a school is generally 100-200 overall including supps?

that sounds right. i applied to 12 schools this cycle and it cost me around 1200.

Upvote 0

calisoca

10+ Year Member
Aug 29, 2008
  1. Pharmacy Student

I dropped a cool $1,100 on apps. Pharmcas bent me over lubelessly.

Upvote 0

Jammerdez1

Oklahoma 2013
10+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2008
San Diego
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
My tally is well over $3000 at this point. Between PharmCAS, transcripts, app fees, supp. fess, and traveling for interviews, this process is getting ridiculously expensive. I figure by the time I've finished all my interviews and put down a couple of deposits, I'll have hit the $6-8k mark. :eek:

Upvote 0
About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.