How many schools are you applying to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aaftmb

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am only applying to two schools, but am worried that I should be applying to more?

I am looking into a Masters in epidemiology. Is it weird for me to be only applying to two schools?

How many schools are you guys applying to?

I am coming straight out of undergrad with a 3.4 GPA in biology, 80th percentiles on my GRE, and no research experience.

Members don't see this ad.

Two is low unless you're positive that you'll get into both of them. I say both because it's always good to have options to choose from in the end.

Also, your question can be answered by this thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=773350

A lot of posters listed where they've applied and what their stats are. You can get a feel for the number of schools that everyone is applying to. I hope that helps!

P.S. I'm personally on the opposite end of the spectrum and applying to more than necessary. But it's what makes me feel secure!

2 might be a bit low, but I'm only applying to 4 because I can only see myself actually going to those four schools. There is no reason to apply to more if you can't see yourself at those other schools. My stats are not incredible, but I'm just going to take it as it comes and see what happens.

yeah. i can't see myself going to any other school but those 2. i'm kind of scared about not getting into either and then not knowing what i am going to do next year..

I want to apply to more schools.. bc i might change my mind about wanting to go to that school if i dont get into anywhere else.. but i am pretty sure i need to be in one specific area..

i'm going apply to one more to make it 3.. i guess just to be safe..