How many schools are you applying to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bianca422

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering how many schools everyone is applying too and how do you plan on paying for it? Also do you have a plan B if you don't get accepted into medical school?

Members don't see this ad.

I will probably trim it down some, but ~25 (MD and DO). My stats are a bit low for MD so I need to apply early and as broadly as possible.

If I don't get in, I will probably convert my 1 year masters that I plan on doing into a 2 year thesis based one and apply again the next cycle.

I will probably trim it down some, but ~25 (MD and DO). My stats are a bit low for MD so I need to apply early and as broadly as possible.

If I don't get in, I will probably convert my 1 year masters that I plan on doing into a 2 year thesis based one and apply again the next cycle.

Why not just retake your MCAT?

Members don't see this ad :)
Why not just retake your MCAT?

I am happy enough with a 29. I don't want to study anymore, I lost myself physically and mentally while studying, and my main focus is keeping an upward trend and raising my GPA as much as possible.

A higher MCAT will only help me a little much at this point. Plus my state MD school has a MCAT average of 26, so I feel comfortable enough with it that I am at least somewhat competitive there, as they are my first choice.

I like your idea I'm applying to 20 schools but I might trip it down to 16 not sure yet and if I don't get accepted I'll probably start graduate school and apply for medical school the next year