How many schools did you apply to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UN4GETTABLE

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious, how many schools did you apply to and how many were you accepted to?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
let see....i applied to 4 schools....so far accepted to two of them ( TEMPLE & MCPHSW-W)....waitlisted one (USP....6 yrd program should have known) and declined one interview (UH(UH)

UN4GETTABLE said:
Just curious, how many schools did you apply to and how many were you accepted to?

I applied to 10 schools and got accpeted to 1...I took the pcat in fort lauderdale in oct and hardcort assesments used the wrong answer key on my test. they sent out the wrong pcat score of "1%" to all the schools. My real score was a 99%..Only 3 out of the 10 school had my real score. Lucky my 1st choice was one of them.

3, accepted at 2 and turned down interview at 1

I'm curious on how much you saved to just apply? I was debating on how many schools to apply to and the costs... Yikes! :scared:

oops double post

5 and 2 so far.......... interviewed @ mercer apr 3 and they said they weren't making any more decisions til may 2. haha thats what i get for waiting til the last minute to turn that app in.
still havent heard from the last 2, but i'm pretty sure i'm not gettin in.

1 and 1 also.

If you dont have a good plan B, I dont recommend this option. But there was only one school that fit into my master plan. Luckly I got in. :)

1 and 1 here. If I hadn't gotten in I would have expanded to applying to more schools in the northwest, plus USN. No offense to a great state and its residents, but I can't wait to get the hell out of Texas. It should NOT be over 100 degrees in the middle of April, anywhere. Mountains and snow are good, fun things!

1 and 1 here also. On the application fees and related costs (gas to drive to interview) I spent about $50. The only other substantial cost was the PCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
Applied to 5, accepted to 3.

I applied to 1 and I got accepted. I didn't really want to go anywhere else. Thank goodness I got in. I would've applied to more schools next year if I didn't get in.

I wish I could apply to them all!

I am curious.. if someone did that, I wonder how much money :wow: it would be!

I applied to 8 and got accpeted to 1 so far... I wish I had more money to apply more schools!!

I applied to 3, got accepted at 2 schools and declined an interview at 1.

applied at 2, got accepted at 2.

2 and accepted at both

I think the PharmCAS alone for those was $175 - it's a sliding scale depending on how many schools.

i actually sent my application to a LOT of school on pharmcas b/c at the time i had a 2.9 gpa and hadnt taken my pcats, so just pharmcas cost me $470. i reduced the # of schools that i applied to once i found out i got 98th on my pcat. but yeah, lots of $$ :(

:D 1 and 1 (thank goodness!)

Applied to 4 - 2 acceptances, 1 "waitlist" and 1 rejection. I don't think I could've handled the stresses of any more than that :laugh:

Applied to 8
got in to 5 so far
one rejection
one interview pending
and haven't heard from the last one
(This has cost a fortune but with no PCAT score in until March I applied to a few safer schools in state.)

RachGator said:
Applied to 8
got in to 5 so far
one rejection
one interview pending
and haven't heard from the last one
(This has cost a fortune but with no PCAT score in until March I applied to a few safer schools in state.)

Wow... where all did you get accepted?

As for me, I applied to 6, accepted to 2, rejected by 2 (1 after being an alternate), and waiting on 2.

applied to 5. got accepted to 2. got rejected to 2. still waiting to hear back from 1 (my first choice)!

applied to 5, accepted to 5.
pharmCAS cost $320, interviews probably $700ish

I applied to 6, got accepted at 1, Rejected by 3, and haven't heard from 2.... :D

Applied to 8, accepted to 6, declined interviews at the other 2 (I had already chosen a school and didn't want to spend anymore money)
All in all I spent $3000 including travel for interview and evaluation of my foreign transcripts from my study abroad. I guess I was a bit overzelous

UVaWahoo said:
i actually sent my application to a LOT of school on pharmcas b/c at the time i had a 2.9 gpa and hadnt taken my pcats, so just pharmcas cost me $470. i reduced the # of schools that i applied to once i found out i got 98th on my pcat. but yeah, lots of $$ :(

Did you get accepted to schools with your gpa. I mean your PCAT reflects ur overall ability but were the schools skeptic once they saw ur gpa or no??

Applied to 2, accepted to both (Mercer and UGA) :D By the way PharmCAS SUCKS!!! They make you do all the work (imputing every class you have ever taken) and then charge you for it!!! :eek: Is there no justice?!?

I applied to 2. I'm accepted to one, haven't heard on the other.

starsweet said:
Wow... where all did you get accepted?

As for me, I applied to 6, accepted to 2, rejected by 2 (1 after being an alternate), and waiting on 2.

Accepted at UCSF, Albany, Purdue, UF, and Palm Beach Atlantic.
I am interviewing at UT-Austin (my first choice) Saturday.
If they say no, it is off to San Fran. I am pulling for Texas becuae it is closer to home and I can have my dog (if I am home enough).

Congrats to everyone on the acceptances!! :love:

I applied to 8, interviewed at 6, declined interview at 1, haven't heard anything from 1 yet. Accepted at 3, waitlisted at 1, waiting on UT. :oops:

orange_ivy said:
I applied to 8, interviewed at 6, declined interview at 1, haven't heard anything from 1 yet. Accepted at 3, waitlisted at 1, waiting on UT. :oops:[/QUOTE
Congrats! Did you interview at Texas yet or are you going this weekend? Are you in state for Texas?

Warriorlord said:
Did you get accepted to schools with your gpa. I mean your PCAT reflects ur overall ability but were the schools skeptic once they saw ur gpa or no??

I got into VCU and South, I interview a couple weeks ago at mercer and they said they're not meeting again til may 2.
Haven't heard from Auburn (didn't complete all their prereqs though) or UF.

I'll also have a BS in biomedical engineering, and the avg gpa in the e-school here is about a 2.7, I don't know if they knew that exactly, but I'm guessing some of that got taken into account somewhere along the line.

RachGator said:
orange_ivy said:
I applied to 8, interviewed at 6, declined interview at 1, haven't heard anything from 1 yet. Accepted at 3, waitlisted at 1, waiting on UT. :oops:[/QUOTE
Congrats! Did you interview at Texas yet or are you going this weekend? Are you in state for Texas?

I interviewed at Texas in March and I am guessing I will not hear back from them until May or June. I live in Texas. My boyfriend will be at the UT interview this weekend. Good luck to y'all!! :luck:

OMG... is UT going to take that long? I interviewed in March too.

I applied to 12, accepted to 2, declined interviews to 7, rejected by 2, waiting on 1.