How many schools did you (will you) apply to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nomemory

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering how many schools people applied to, especially those that applied to "a lot" of schools. My chances are slim to none and I'm applying to a bunch of schools but I'm wondering how many is too many. Thanks guys! :D

Members don't see this ad.

I'm wondering how many schools people applied to, especially those that applied to "a lot" of schools. My chances are slim to none and I'm applying to a bunch of schools but I'm wondering how many is too many. Thanks guys! :D
I'm applying to 33 schools. I'm an older, Californian non-trad with a non-science major/background and an unknown MCAT. Since there's so much uncertainty, and I'd rather not apply reapply, I needed to apply across the spectrum.

How many is too many is a good question. Personally, I wanted to trim it down to 25 but wasn't able to. I've seen some folks with 60 or 70 schools and at that stage, I can't imagine how you could do it without too many redundancies.

i'm applying to 26- which is borderline masochistic, but my fiancee is applying to 33! we're both a little older, and non-trad, so i think we had to do it. c'est la vie. :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to 20. For those applying to many schools, that's awesome! I wish I had the funds for that.

I applied to 20. For those applying to many schools, that's awesome! I wish I had the funds for that.

hey man! been a long time.. you've already decided on a school?>?

I applied to 18... And by the end of secondaries I was just about ready to go on a rampage, so bravo to those with the motivation and commitment to do so many!

hey man! been a long time.. you've already decided on a school?>?
Well, I got in at a DO school and waiting to hear from three more schools. Got another three interviews lined up, but MD schools are not calling my name. I'm pretty sold on osteopathic medicine, but if I hear from MD schools, I'll definitely go to the interviews. Congrats on your interview! Boooooo for BU. I haven't liked them for the longest time.

So, any good news as of late?

I applied to 18... And by the end of secondaries I was just about ready to go on a rampage, so bravo to those with the motivation and commitment to do so many!
lol. I wouldn't say rampage, but when you get interview invites, it makes it all worth it :)

Only six here. It may be foolish, but hopefully things will work out.

The good news is, I really like all six.

Applied to 20. I was only going to do 15 or 16 but upped it to 20 when I didn't get my AMCAS out as fast as I wanted. :oops:

Im applied to 36. but it worked out in the end, I got enough invites to satisfy me :) I dont think I could have singled out the schools that would have given me invites so I am glad I did so many schools.

I am planning to apply to ~12-15 in may07. But I'm in Texas and competitive for all state schools. So, while I'm not planning to go as broad, my chances in state are better than many.