How many schools question at interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FunkDocta

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just have one quick question....do interviewers at dental schools know how many schools that you apply to?

Members don't see this ad.

of course they do. It says on your AADSAS, and actually some schools look at that very closely.

Yes, conf88 is right.

If you look at the copy of your AADSAS confirmation sheet it states the school code on the upper right hand side. Some schools will pretend to not know and ask you, "how many schools are you applying to?"

If you are applying to 20+ then be prepared to answer why. Other questions might ask: Where have you gotten interviews so far?"

Even though these questions really don't determine your passion or motivation to pursue dentistry, they might help schools figure out if you really want to go to their school or just want anything that will accept you.

DesiDentist

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, shoot
I applied to A LOT of schools. I really questiones my chance
I just want to make sure I get in somewhere.
I hope admission commitee doesn't use that against me.

So did I, but I only sent app fees to 8 schools. Don't worry ALI. I think over half the applicants apply to over 12+ schools. I don't think schools will blame you for wanting to get in somewhere.

Just keep an answer to that question in back of you mind if it does come up, but it is rare. Usually when there is nothing to talk about.

DesiDentist