how many schools should I apply to

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Is Four Enough?

• Yes, your stats will get you in to at least one

Votes: 19 63.3%
  • No, better apply to a few more

Votes: 11 36.7%

• Total voters

Biogirl361

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
3.78 overall and science GPA, 21 on the DAT, work as a DA over the summer. I only want to apply to four schools (U of Mich, UDM, Marquette, Case). will this be enough or should I apply to more to be safe?

Members don't see this ad.

Your stats are very impressive. You would probably get in any school you apply to.

you will get into any school you want.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey, biogirl. u should be more than ok. don't worry... or don't brag? what do i know, i'm feeling happy and drunk 2nite. what do i know? :D

i really just wanted to know if it would be unwise to only apply to four schools... def not bragging. :(

don't get me wrong. i'm proud of you, biogirl!

To OP, you will definately get into the private schools hands down (I will be really surprise if you don't), and being a Michigan resident, U Mich should also accept you too! In matter of fact, if you want to specialize, you can apply and probably get in to Harvard too! (That is, if you really 100% sure you want to specialize)

can't apply to harvard, cause they require calc 2, and i took stats instead :laugh:

Apply to more to be safe. The extra $150 you spend by applying to a mere three more schools, might really benefit you in the long run. You might get a scholarship, or you might just save yourself a boat-load of trouble.

That isn't to say that your stats you posted don't look great, because they do. It is to say, however, that the admissions process can be very screwed up, and nothing is for sure.

ItsGavinC said:
Apply to more to be safe. The extra $150 you spend by applying to a mere three more schools, might really benefit you in the long run. You might get a scholarship, or you might just save yourself a boat-load of trouble.

That isn't to say that your stats you posted don't look great, because they do. It is to say, however, that the admissions process can be very screwed up, and nothing is for sure.

That is kind of what i was thinking, and why i posted this poll. thanks to everyone for taking the time to respond :)