Medical How Many Schools Should I apply to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
Staff member
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I have a cGPA of 3.6, and 512 MCAT. What are my chances for D.O. schools and how many should I apply to? Extremely mediocre EC's! Thanks!
What do you mean "extremely mediocre"?

Could you give us more information about you, what your pre-health advisor thought, and any feedback from schools where you have networked before applying?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I have a cGPA of 3.6, and 512 MCAT. What are my chances for D.O. schools and how many should I apply to? Extremely mediocre EC's! Thanks!
I don't have a prehealth advisor at my school, unfortunately. I am also applying from Canada! My EC's include about 150-200 hours split between volunteering at an old age home and the emergency department of a hospital, about 500 hours volunteering at a research lab, and I spent two years on the exec team at my school on a club. I have about 20 hours of physician shadowing.
You're fine for any DO school, including mine. I can't recommend Touro-NY, Nova, Wm Carey, LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide. LMU has an accreditation warning, which concerns me. CalHS is too new and has a too small a rotations base, it seems.

You're also fine for tons of MD schools as well, but work on the ECs to make yourself a better candidate.

EDIT: I recommend applying to 20-30 schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does this list look fine? Loma Linda is my top choice and I love their mission so much:
1)NOVA southeastern (DO)
2) Michigan state (DO)
3)AZCOM (DO)
4)Kansas (DO)
5) VCOM (DO)
6) Baylor (MD)
7) Pittsburgh (MD)
8) Utah (MD)
9) Tufts (MD)
10) emory (MD)
11) Central Michigan (MD)
12) Arizona (MD)
13) UCLA (MD)
14) West Virginia (MD)
15) Tulane (MD)
16) Loma Linda (MD) :)
17) Keck (MD)
18) Wayne state (MD)
19)Jefferson (MD)
20) George Washington
21) Dartmouth
Loma Linda is my top choice and I love their mission so much:
Are you a 7th Day Adventist or a very devout Christian, if not, cross this off the list

1)NOVA southeastern (DO)
I can't recommend Nova. Rest are fine.

These are all donations
6) Baylor (MD)
7) Pittsburgh (MD)
8) Utah (MD)
9) Tufts (MD)
10) emory (MD)
11) Central Michigan (MD)
12) Arizona (MD)
13) UCLA (MD)
14) West Virginia (MD)
15) Tulane (MD)
17) Keck (MD)
18) Wayne state (MD)
19)Jefferson (MD)
20) George Washington
21) Dartmouth

Goro do you think I will get flat out rejections from all MD or interviews then rejection?
Secondaries (a tax) and then rejections.

You're MCAT is some 6-8 points below UCLA's and Baylor's medians, for example. U WV wants people with ties to WV. CMU accepts only a handful of OOS.

As I have stated previously, international candidates need to be superstars.

Status
Not open for further replies.