How Many Schools To Apply To?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RyanS32122

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi:
I was just wondering to how many schools others with similar stats to mine are applying...22T MCAT, 3.9x GPA (sci and overall), MA resident, tons of research, publication, teacher, many jobs, great essay, etc.? I also have connections at UNECOM, but I don't want to make any hasty assumptions (although I would LOVE to attend there).

I have too many on my list as it is...is 13 too many to apply to? Just wondering what the consensus is on this...

Thanks...good luck to everyone else who is applying... :D

Ryan.

Members don't see this ad.

How many schools to apply to is different for everyone depending on their situation, but I scored a 22Q and have a lower GPA than you do and I applied to 13 schools. I would have applied to more but money and time are both limiting factors. I think I'm going to retake the MCAT in august to see if I can't get up to a 26 or better, but in theory, the more you apply to the better your chances are.

RyanS32122 said:
Hi:
I was just wondering to how many schools others with similar stats to mine are applying...22T MCAT, 3.9x GPA (sci and overall), MA resident, tons of research, publication, teacher, many jobs, great essay, etc.? I also have connections at UNECOM, but I don't want to make any hasty assumptions (although I would LOVE to attend there).

I have too many on my list as it is...is 13 too many to apply to? Just wondering what the consensus is on this...

Thanks...good luck to everyone else who is applying... :D

Ryan.

Ryan,

(even without any so called "connections") I would say apply to UNECOM for sure. NOw only is it a great school, but also prefer N.England Residents. You are more likely to stay working in N.Eng.

Don't apply to schools you don't see yourself going to. I applied for 10 schools last year.. sent back secondary for 8, and only went on 2 interviews. UNE being the early one. Once I got acceptance at UNE, I withdrew from all the other schools.

So I would suggest applying to maybe half. That you consider to be schools you would go to. The other half, you can apply for at a later time. Say in late september of oct. if you don't already have offers.

Or apply for 10, but only send back secondary applications to half.

good luck

Don't apply to 13, thats an unlucky number... pick one more!

- :luck: