how many schools to apply to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hokie4life

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going to submit my application (tonight/by this weekend) and so far I have only Temple and NYCPM on my list.

I know you can add schools later on and it costs like $10 extra. Did any of you do this? I really want to see if these two work out seeing as they are closest to where I live and everyone says there's no real rank, just what you make out of it.

Do you suggest adding more schools now or seeing how I do with these? Also how long do you think or did it take you to hear back if you did add schools after you submitted the application? The process for that would just be that they would send out my whole application again and not that it would be re-approved correct?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm going to submit my application (tonight/by this weekend) and so far I have only Temple and NYCPM on my list.

I know you can add schools later on and it costs like $10 extra. Did any of you do this? I really want to see if these two work out seeing as they are closest to where I live and everyone says there's no real rank, just what you make out of it.

Do you suggest adding more schools now or seeing how I do with these? Also how long do you think or did it take you to hear back if you did add schools after you submitted the application? The process for that would just be that they would send out my whole application again and not that it would be re-approved correct?

I probably wouldn't add some of the higher tier schools, because they are filled up already for this year. NCYPM or Temple might still have spots? I'm pretty sure that Scholl, DMU, and AZPOD are full.

Good Luck

what would some of these be? i thought there was no tier but from my research I thought the ones in philly, cali, chicago were on top more often?

Members don't see this ad :)
NYCPM had spots as of a few days ago, so they should still be there.

NYCPM will have spots open forever. The class will not fill. This is because they are excepting fewer students with higher stats. They might not reach the MCAT scores of AZPOD or DMU but at least they are trying.

I do not think that Ohio would admit to doing this. Nor would they actually do it.

Each school is definitely what you make of it, the oppurtunity is there for you to take advantage of but it is easier to take advantage of at some schools over others.

If you are set for applying this year then apply to NYCPM, Temple, Barry, Ohio, Cali, and maybe Scholl. I would not waste putting DMU or Azpod since they are full. I would not wait to add them later for that may be too late. What do you have to lose by applying to all now? You do not have to accept all the interviews, but at least this way you'll have the option.

Good Luck.

THANK YOU guys for your great advice!! I just submitted my application to NYCPM and Temple. I didn't apply to others because financially it would be harder to apply and interview and even attend others that are farther. Thank you for your advice though!! Hopefully one of these will work out if not I will try others later too if it ends up coming down to it.

How long did you guys have to wait before you heard anything? I know there is still time but I am hoping to hear back in time to stil submit financial aid apps which I think end around mid-June?

Hey, I applied to temple and nycpm (only those two) at the end of march and was called/emailed within a day or two of application submission to set up an interview. Temple was first choice (I'm from philly) so I took first available interview..I applied, interviewed, and was accepted all within two weeks time. If there are still seats availabe, then this process should move pretty quickly as long as all your transcripts, test score, and letters are in.

THANK YOU guys for your great advice!! I just submitted my application to NYCPM and Temple. I didn't apply to others because financially it would be harder to apply and interview and even attend others that are farther. Thank you for your advice though!! Hopefully one of these will work out if not I will try others later too if it ends up coming down to it.

How long did you guys have to wait before you heard anything? I know there is still time but I am hoping to hear back in time to stil submit financial aid apps which I think end around mid-June?

you can submit the online FAFSA application at any time. You designate the schools that you want to get the student aid report when you fill out the application. you need to do this ASAP as the schools have different priority deadlines. it's free so it's not like it costs any money to fill out the form. plus, once you're accepted they already have your fin aid info.

also each school may have their own additional financial aid forms you may have to fill out. so the sooner the better.

awesome thanks! i will send emails now and try calling after the holiday weekend to see what they say :)