How many schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Monkap

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am 33 years old and from NY. Went to a CC for 2 yrs then transfered to an okay university. GPA 3.75 Mcat 30.While in school worked as a (and currently) full time stockbroker.I only have some volunter work with the red cross and no clinical experience. Based on this can someone advise me as to how many schools I should apply to?
Thanks in Advance

Members don't see this ad.

It usually depends on your budget. A lot of people can't afford to send out to numerous schools. Its usually $50/school via AMCAS or AACOMS & then approx $65 for secondaries. THAT'S A LOT OF DOUGH IF YOU'RE ON A TIGHT BUDGET. Don't forget interview flights & other stuffs that will definitely suck your wallet dry
frown.gif

Normally, pre-meds apply to about 10-15 medical schools to try & increase their chances of getting atleast ONE acceptance. Good Luck to you
smile.gif

Rob
WesternU/COMP CLass of 2002

10 was the right number for me. I interviewed at 4 and was accepted to 2. Your grades are still a whole lot better than mine were, and at least your doing some kind of volunteer work. So I expect that unless you bomb your interview you won't have too hard of a time being accepted. Do lots of research on the schools, and good luck with your apps.

Better get those Apps. in fast if you're looking for acceptance this Fall. Some classes are close to being full by now...