How many students in PCOM-GA c/o 2009?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shane679

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how many students PCOM-Ga is accepting for the class of 2009? I was under the impression that it would have 80 students. In the message from the Vice Dean it states, “Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine is opening a new branch campus in Georgia, with its first class of approximately 80 students scheduled to enter in August 2005.” However, in the April 2005 update it says, “We have received over 1,600 applications from the AACOMAS application service for osteopathic schools and have interviewed over 190 candidates for admission. To date, about 83 students have confirmed their places in the class of 2009.” This statement along with the fact that they are still interviewing gives the indication that they are expecting more. Does anyone know how many ‘approximately 80 students’ really is? Thanks for the help and have a great day.

csh

Members don't see this ad.

I believe ~80 is still gonna be the number...they are going to offer a few extra slots because of people who will drop out and not attend, but the goal is still to be around 80 people.

I recently interviewed at PCOM-GA. The dean mentioned that they will only send out as many offers of admission as they have seats. Other schools tend to send out more offers than they have seats with the assumption that not everyone will accept the offer.

The dean further said that all other potential offers will be placed on the waiting list. He mentioned accepting about 80 to 85 students for c/o2009, and as of 4/8/2005, only about 4 seats remained open. PCOM-GA wanted to finish all remaining interviews before handing out those spots.

All schools will have some waitlist movement . . .