How many "successful future doctors" are rejected?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheBiologist

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my question is basically how many brilliant or cunning people who would make excellent diagnosticians and/or surgeons are rejected from medical school?

if they think you will be a good doctor and you don't have terrible stats, do all of these people get in, or are some rejected because of the size of the application pool?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
So my question is basically how many brilliant or cunning people who would make excellent diagnosticians and/or surgeons are rejected from medical school?

if they think you will be a good doctor and you don't have terrible stats, do all of these people get in, or are some rejected because of the size of the application pool?
how would one assess for future performance if not through said Doctor successfully going through the application process?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Almost all of them.
I don't know anyone who completely avoided rejection.
Heck, I've been a faculty member at schools that didn't interview me for medical school!
Oh my god did you ever tell anyone at those schools about that?:laugh:

I was rejected twice from a school with significantly lower stats/reputation than my acceptance

did you go to brown as an undergrad?
Nope. Mid tier public university. I'm rather "unique" as an applicant and my interviewers made it seem like a strength fwiw.

The process is more random than we think. At the end, it's their loss

Last edited:
Nope. Mid tier public university. I'm rather "unique" as an applicant and my interviewers made it seem like a strength fwiw.
That is immpressive. I was under the impression Brown predominately only takes Brown students. Congrats!

Reactions: 1 user