How many times can you do an academic update?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chaseafterthedream

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking two courses this fall semester that are accelerated. One class ends Sunday and the next begins on Monday. I'm not sure if I should send an updated transcript once the grade for class 1 is posted, or if I should wait until December when class 2 finishes. Or am I able to send it twice?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does it matter when we submit the update if we're only doing it once? This is from AADSAS, but what's the point of the academic update in september??

"Note:You must e-submit your updated application to ADEA AADSAS no later than September 20th, 2018 (11:59 PM Eastern Time). ADEA AADSAS is not responsible for admissions decisions for applicants who fail to e-submit their Academic Update courses to ADEA AADSAS"

Does it matter when we submit the update if we're only doing it once? This is from AADSAS, but what's the point of the academic update in september??

"Note:You must e-submit your updated application to ADEA AADSAS no later than September 20th, 2018 (11:59 PM Eastern Time). ADEA AADSAS is not responsible for admissions decisions for applicants who fail to e-submit their Academic Update courses to ADEA AADSAS"
There were two Academic Update periods this year, and this was for Summer 2018 grades (to be submitted Aug 15th to Sept 28th). You can only update once in each period. Now, since the first period has closed, you will not be able to submit an Academic Update (for Fall 2018 courses) until Dec 3rd, 2018.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you!! That helps so much! I didn't get my grades in time for the first period, so I guess I'll just contact the schools with the grade?

Thank you!! That helps so much! I didn't get my grades in time for the first period, so I guess I'll just contact the schools with the grade?
Contacting the schools will probably not do much because those summer grades won't be verified by ADEA, so I would just wait until Dec 3rd to update your summer and fall grades in one shot!

Reactions: 1 user
There were two Academic Update periods this year, and this was for Summer 2018 grades (to be submitted Aug 15th to Sept 28th). You can only update once in each period. Now, since the first period has closed, you will not be able to submit an Academic Update (for Fall 2018 courses) until Dec 3rd, 2018.

Hey, what if your fall 2018 grades are not done by that time? Our semester officially ends the second week of December.