1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

How many times did u go thru destroyer & what was ur score? Is Odyssey overkill?

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by mestrada9447, Aug 18, 2011.

1. mestrada9447

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Did anyone out there use Odyssey to study orgo for DAT?

I just finished going through chads videos and only started using odyssey about half way through.

Ive done Chapters 1-8 (Concepts, Acids and bases, cycloalkanes, Stereo, Eliminations, Alkenes, Alkynes, and Substitutions)

Ive noticed a lot of ppl saying it was overkill and to just focus on the Destroyer instead.

So my question is.... Should I stop going through Odyssey and just focus on destroyer? My test is 15 days away. (ahhhhhhh!)

Should I only cover certain sections of Odyssey? or skip certain?

How many times did you go through destroyer and what was your score?

Thanks!

#1 mestrada9447, Aug 18, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. FrostyFlakes

5+ Year Member

I just took the DAT yesterday and I can tell you that the Ochem was grade school material compared to undergrad course exams (serious). Maybe one question I had to really think about critically. Keep it simple. Because the DAT test makers sure will (for chemistry at least, not bio lol).

4. yappy

10+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I have not taken the DAT yet; howver, I would say put away the Odyssey.

Just go through destroyer 2X prior to your test and review parts you're getting wrong. I spent ALOT of time going through odyssey and now wish I would have spent that time going over more bio or QR rather than beating Ochem to death when at least 60% of what I've covered in the odyssey isn't really relevent to the DAT.

FYI - the odyssey does have a good sterochem chapter but youv'e already covered it.