1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

How many times did u go thru destroyer & what was ur score? Is Odyssey overkill?

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by mestrada9447, Aug 18, 2011.

1. mestrada9447

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Did anyone out there use Odyssey to study orgo for DAT?

I just finished going through chads videos and only started using odyssey about half way through.

Ive done Chapters 1-8 (Concepts, Acids and bases, cycloalkanes, Stereo, Eliminations, Alkenes, Alkynes, and Substitutions)

Ive noticed a lot of ppl saying it was overkill and to just focus on the Destroyer instead.

So my question is.... Should I stop going through Odyssey and just focus on destroyer? My test is 15 days away. (ahhhhhhh!)

Should I only cover certain sections of Odyssey? or skip certain?

How many times did you go through destroyer and what was your score?

Thanks!

#1 mestrada9447, Aug 18, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. FrostyFlakes

5+ Year Member

I just took the DAT yesterday and I can tell you that the Ochem was grade school material compared to undergrad course exams (serious). Maybe one question I had to really think about critically. Keep it simple. Because the DAT test makers sure will (for chemistry at least, not bio lol).

4. yappy

10+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I have not taken the DAT yet; howver, I would say put away the Odyssey.

Just go through destroyer 2X prior to your test and review parts you're getting wrong. I spent ALOT of time going through odyssey and now wish I would have spent that time going over more bio or QR rather than beating Ochem to death when at least 60% of what I've covered in the odyssey isn't really relevent to the DAT.

FYI - the odyssey does have a good sterochem chapter but youv'e already covered it.