how many times is too many times...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

looks like mae

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
how many times is too many times to call a dr. office to shadow?

i worked for an ENT for a year as a clerical assistant in medical records and was fairly close with most of the staff, but a little distant with the doctors. i called them about a year after my employment ended (about one month ago) and someone i did not recognize told me they would pass my request to shadow along. The clinic is fairly busy and large and has a number of permanent and a number of rotating staff.

also, the doctor had told me that i could come in to shadow sometimes, but that was a year ago!

Members don't see this ad.

how many times is too many times to call a dr. office to shadow?

i worked for an ENT for a year as a clerical assistant in medical records and was fairly close with most of the staff, but a little distant with the doctors. i called them about a year after my employment ended (about one month ago) and someone i did not recognize told me they would pass my request to shadow along. The clinic is fairly busy and large and has a number of permanent and a number of rotating staff.

also, the doctor had told me that i could come in to shadow sometimes, but that was a year ago!

If the clinic is very large and busy, chances are they won't remember you contacting them. And don't count on the staff or doctors to take time out of their schedules to contact you. You need to follow up on your requests and check and see if the request was actually passed on, and if possible, ask the desk clerk or whoever if they can take your number so the actual doctor can call you back later sometime.

Call someone you were close with (cell or ask to be transferred) or e-mail the docs directly.