SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

How many took all pre-reqs at a CC and got into dental school?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by gum83, May 13, 2008.

1. gum83

Apr 18, 2008
    I was just wondeirng to all those that applied to dental schools and got admitted, how many of you guys took all of the pre-reqs (Chem, Bio, Ochem, and Physics) at a community college?

I know some dental schools don't accept CC I'll just not apply there.

Taking them at a CC is more affordable for both my parents and I. Taking it at a University, is just too costly and there's a high chance I won't get to add into the classes b/c they're full, since I'm not a regular student there.

BTW...I already have a B.S. in chem.

What do you guys think? Thanks everyone!
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. la brat

la brat 2+ Year Member

Feb 16, 2008
    I took all of my pre-reqs at a really good CC, and I'm applying this year. I do have a BA from Columbia in my "previous" life where I was an music major. I talked to several dental students at UCLA where I worked who did the same, so I wouldn't sweat it. Just don't apply to the schools that refuse them, i.e. Tuffs. I have come across much smarter kids at my CC, especially international students, than many at my Ivy League alma matar
  4. jigabodo

jigabodo Dentist 10+ Year Member

Mar 12, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Since you already have a B.S. in chem, I think you should be OK for the most part as long as you don't go over the CC unit cap.

Also, there are a few schools that don't accept CC credits at all, and you should find out what those schools are before you apply.