1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

How many took all pre-reqs at a CC and got into dental school?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by gum83, May 13, 2008.

1. gum83

Pre-Dental
    I was just wondeirng to all those that applied to dental schools and got admitted, how many of you guys took all of the pre-reqs (Chem, Bio, Ochem, and Physics) at a community college?

I know some dental schools don't accept CC courses...so I'll just not apply there.

Taking them at a CC is more affordable for both my parents and I. Taking it at a University, is just too costly and there's a high chance I won't get to add into the classes b/c they're full, since I'm not a regular student there.

BTW...I already have a B.S. in chem.

What do you guys think? Thanks everyone!

2. la brat

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I took all of my pre-reqs at a really good CC, and I'm applying this year. I do have a BA from Columbia in my "previous" life where I was an music major. I talked to several dental students at UCLA where I worked who did the same, so I wouldn't sweat it. Just don't apply to the schools that refuse them, i.e. Tuffs. I have come across much smarter kids at my CC, especially international students, than many at my Ivy League alma matar

3. jigabodo

Dentist 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    Since you already have a B.S. in chem, I think you should be OK for the most part as long as you don't go over the CC unit cap.

Also, there are a few schools that don't accept CC credits at all, and you should find out what those schools are before you apply.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...