Richzz89

10+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2008
California
Status
Pre-Medical
Just wondering how many people on this forum have taken the MCAT during the summer after sophomore year.

What did you do to prep?
Take a Kaplan or Princeton Review class over the summer?
Begin to prep before the academic school year was over and continue during the summer with a class?

And for those who did take it after your 2nd year, were you satisfied with your score or did you need to retake it during junior year?

loveoforganic

-Account Deactivated-
10+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2009
Status
Me. SN2ed's schedule., self study. Only over the summer, ~100 days. I don't write until Aug 14.

RoadtoMed

10+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
I am. Currently scheduled for Aug 21st. Probably will move date to Sept.

ShoeFactory

5+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2009
Status
Medical Student
I will be taking it sept 10

I'm taking a TPR class although I don't think it is that useful. I think it only helps me in content review (passage methods aren't that good). I use EK for verbal.

I haven't had much time to self study as i'm working full time and i have TPR class every day. It's been working for me as I got 37 on my last practice and I'm barely finished with content review.

However, since the class is about to end I am ready to start self study 2-3 hrs/day.

rjsmit2

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
just took it today...if I did well, taking it early will have been so worth it!

I didn't take a class either; just studied using TPR, some Examkrackers, some Kaplan (cheers to public libraries), old textbooks, and a few AAMCs.

It feels SO GOOD to be done! Just keep reminding yourselves how much less stressful junior year is going to be! :D

Recoil

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2009
Toronto
Status
Pre-Medical
Me - writing August 25th
Just self-studying from May until the test using EK books. Doing so while working 40 hours a week. I have no life atm :/

Simplify

10+ Year Member
Jun 18, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
I did last year. I didn't score as well as I'd hoped. Although, I didn't prepare sufficiently, either.