How many transcripts do *you* have??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iheartrain

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm feeling very self-conscious about how many transcripts I've got going so far and how this is going to be viewed by adcoms. I'm a do it yourself post-bacc so I just take the pre-reqs where I can, when I can and thus have attended alot of schools (but they are all in the city I live in now+ my one undergrad). Am I alone or are there others out there with long paper trails behind them too?

I'll start: I have 7 transcripts so far.

Members don't see this ad.

1 lonely transcript. :D

I had two. One from my university and one for a few measly classes at a community college over the summer, and in high school.

Remember the more transcripts you have, the longer the verification process. :)
:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)

I kick all yo' sorry @sses

And I was verified back in June so it only took a week

And yes, i am afraid schools will think I'm a real fruit loop.
And yes, I actually have perfectly good reasons to have attended 8 schools.
And no, I won't tell you.

jackieMD2007 said:
I had two. One from my university and one for a few measly classes at a community college over the summer, and in high school.

Remember the more transcripts you have, the longer the verification process. :)
:luck:

It just takes them longer b/c the multiple transcripts confuses them or what?

Takes them longer because its more paperwork. They have to receive and then acknowledge all # of transcripts you have. They have stated this to us on the phones that if you have more transcripts, or if you are behind someone who had a lot of transcripts, that your wait time may be longer because of the paperwork.

jackieMD2007 said:
Takes them longer because its more paperwork. They have to receive and then acknowledge all # of transcripts you have. They have stated this to us on the phones that if you have more transcripts, or if you are behind someone who had a lot of transcripts, that your wait time may be longer because of the paperwork.

gotcha.

I've got three. There was a time when I thought that was a lot. Not anymore.

I have 4... wish it were less but hey, the road of life is not always straight.

3. One from the CC I went to, one from Bezerkeley, and one from the school where I've been doing my post-bacc stuff.

5...three for study abroad or summer courses, one for undergrad, and one for post-bacc courses.

Going through the process, that didn't seem like too many--my AMCAS verification wasn't delayed, and no one ever commented negatively on my course history.

The extra paperwork was certainly a hassle, though, and ordering all those transcripts can get really pricey!

MiesVanDerMom said:

And I was verified back in June so it only took a week

And yes, i am afraid schools will think I'm a real fruit loop.
And yes, I actually have perfectly good reasons to have attended 8 schools.
And no, I won't tell you.
8?!?

Damn, and I thought having 4 transcripts was a pain in the ass.

one, but i had to send it twice due to an update..

Members don't see this ad :)
I have 3 transcripts.
-One from a community college where I went for two years.
-One from a university where I didn't plan on attending, but just planned on taking my physics pre-reqs at because my college only offers calculus based physics. I ended up only taking physics 1 there because I didn't like the school, the professor was crappy, and it was expensive.
-One from the college I go to now and will be graduating from next year.

I've taken classes at 5 different community colleges, UCLA, SFSU, and CSULB.

6(oregon state, u. of washington, berkeley, los angeles city cc, valley cc, UW extension)

Just two here, although my graduate one is a little complicated in terms of the courses and hours.

But that is still no reason for them to be taking 4 days and counting to verify my coursework.

Wow, I thought I was wacked! 8! I only have 5 and everyone tells me i'm nuts. But if you think you are crazy you cannot be because you already know it in advance :)

iheartrain said:
I'm feeling very self-conscious about how many transcripts I've got going so far and how this is going to be viewed by adcoms. I'm a do it yourself post-bacc so I just take the pre-reqs where I can, when I can and thus have attended alot of schools (but they are all in the city I live in now+ my one undergrad). Am I alone or are there others out there with long paper trails behind them too?

I'll start: I have 7 transcripts so far.
I had five, but my main UG one has no grades, GPA or credit hours. Plus the school doesn't use designations like "freshman," "sophomore," etc., and they randomly just list the courses on the transcript, combine courses that I took years apart from each other into one, and other annoying things that are impossible to explain to AMCAS. I had to assign each class to a class level arbitrarily. It took AMCAS two weeks to verify me.

MiesVanDerMom said:

Well, everyone has to be best at something. ;)

Q of Quimica....

I love your avatar!!! :laugh: :laugh:

If this thread doesn't have a poll, none should.

Two.

8 here also...man I thought I was going to win for sure...grr!

I am really worried about this and I know I will get asked about it in all interviews.

There were good reasons I attended all of them, moving, money, mission.
I hope it isn't too much of a red flag for the ADCOMs

Edit: Oh, and it took AMCAS only 4 days to verify back in June

I will have 8 transcripts I will have to submit next year. *sigh* Thank GOODNESS that 2 of those schools branch together for their different campuses otherwise I will have needed at least 9 transcripts. Well I hope the other school is a branch. We'll find out soon enough.

I have two:
-one from my home university
-one from another university to which my study abroad credits were transferred (this one wasn't available until early July, marvelously delaying my application by weeks)

I'm curious as to how people have all of their transcripts in by May. When do your semesters/quarters end? Or do you just leave out your last term before the application cycle?