How many undergrad biochem classes to make pharm school biochem easier?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medicaljunkie

Future Pharmacist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
At my university, biochem is broken up into two semesters. Should I take both biochem 1 and 2 or should I stick with just the first semester? How much does pharm school biochem differ from undergrad?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

if you're taking the first semester of biochem, that's probably during fall semester, why not just take spring second semester biochem as well?

Actually I don't know how different undergrad biochem is from pharm. The biochem I had to take for my major is the same biochem for pharm school (I'm staying at the same school). I'm assuming maybe schools who have a separate biochem relate it more to pharm.

Now my school also has a two semester biochem course (the one I took was just one). The same topics are covered but way more in-depth. So it would seem you would need to take both semesters to cover all the topics.

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually I don't know how different undergrad biochem is from pharm. The biochem I had to take for my major is the same biochem for pharm school (I'm staying at the same school). I'm assuming maybe schools who have a separate biochem relate it more to pharm.

Now my school also has a two semester biochem course (the one I took was just one). The same topics are covered but way more in-depth. So it would seem you would need to take both semesters to cover all the topics.

Same here...the Biochem required for UB pharmacy is the same as the one for Biochem majors.

BlueCrayon, do you know which biochem class I have to take at University of Maryland College Park to fulfill biochem requirement of UB? Thanks.

At my university, biochem is broken up into two semesters. Should I take both biochem 1 and 2 or should I stick with just the first semester? How much does pharm school biochem differ from undergrad?

Thanks

take both. As a P1, we eat, sleep, poop biochem.