How many undergrad biochem classes to make pharm school biochem easier?

• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

Medicaljunkie

Future Pharmacist
10+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2008
Midwest
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
At my university, biochem is broken up into two semesters. Should I take both biochem 1 and 2 or should I stick with just the first semester? How much does pharm school biochem differ from undergrad?

Thanks

phuang06

VCU - Class of 2013
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 27, 2007
Richmond, VA
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
if you're taking the first semester of biochem, that's probably during fall semester, why not just take spring second semester biochem as well?

fenixtnlfan

P2 Wildcat
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2007
Tucson, AZ
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Actually I don't know how different undergrad biochem is from pharm. The biochem I had to take for my major is the same biochem for pharm school (I'm staying at the same school). I'm assuming maybe schools who have a separate biochem relate it more to pharm.

Now my school also has a two semester biochem course (the one I took was just one). The same topics are covered but way more in-depth. So it would seem you would need to take both semesters to cover all the topics.

About the Ads

BlueCrayon

10+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2008
Buffalo
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Actually I don't know how different undergrad biochem is from pharm. The biochem I had to take for my major is the same biochem for pharm school (I'm staying at the same school). I'm assuming maybe schools who have a separate biochem relate it more to pharm.

Now my school also has a two semester biochem course (the one I took was just one). The same topics are covered but way more in-depth. So it would seem you would need to take both semesters to cover all the topics.

Same here...the Biochem required for UB pharmacy is the same as the one for Biochem majors.

internPharmD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
BlueCrayon, do you know which biochem class I have to take at University of Maryland College Park to fulfill biochem requirement of UB? Thanks.

mrblah

10+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2008
texas
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
At my university, biochem is broken up into two semesters. Should I take both biochem 1 and 2 or should I stick with just the first semester? How much does pharm school biochem differ from undergrad?

Thanks

take both. As a P1, we eat, sleep, poop biochem.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.