How many UW questions can you do in a day??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wAyRadikull

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Realistically, how many UW questions can a person do in a day? Is 150 too ambitious in the last 7 or so days before taking the exam??

I'm trying to come up with a schedule and I was initially planning on doing 100 a day (50-am, 50-pm) for the first couple of weeks and then switching to 150 a day for the last 8-9 days or so, but for some reason the thought of ripping through a 150 questions plus explanations is scaring the hell out of me.

My school gives us a good few months to study, but I'm limiting myself to 6 weeks, 2-1/2 weeks to review basic sciences, 2-1/2 weeks for UW and the last week for cramming in first aid and flagged questions.

Reality check anyone haha?

Members don't see this ad.

Realistically, how many UW questions can a person do in a day? Is 150 too ambitious in the last 7 or so days before taking the exam??

I'm trying to come up with a schedule and I was initially planning on doing 100 a day (50-am, 50-pm) for the first couple of weeks and then switching to 150 a day for the last 8-9 days or so, but for some reason the thought of ripping through a 150 questions plus explanations is scaring the hell out of me.

My school gives us a good few months to study, but I'm limiting myself to 6 weeks, 2-1/2 weeks to review basic sciences, 2-1/2 weeks for UW and the last week for cramming in first aid and flagged questions.

Reality check anyone haha?

In general, when I did UW questions, it took me an hour for a timed block (obviously) and about two hours to review the explanations thoroughly. Therefore, it would take me 9 solid hours to get through 150 questions (or, actually, 144 questions). That would probably be doable if you weren't doing any other studying on those days. In fact, I think that would be a great way to spend your last week, but I would probably taper the number of questions during the final 2-3 days, with no questions the night before your exam (just relax and maybe look through the FA or Goljan high yields).

At the beginning it's a learning tool so probably 48 per day subject wise going through the answers fill in FA - then second time around you can do 100 per day mix-
:luck:

9 hours of questions sounds like a really daunting task but i guess its good to build stamina before the test. Thanks for the response.

Anyone else would like to chime in?

Members don't see this ad :)
I did it all in one day.

Haha, good for you man, I wish I could bang it out in one day, but I can't so yeah. Anyways, I've read some really good advice from you on this forum and would like if you could shed some light on my situation. Thanks.

Haha, good for you man, I wish I could bang it out in one day, but I can't so yeah. Anyways, I've read some really good advice from you on this forum and would like if you could shed some light on my situation. Thanks.

Obviously I was kidding, but the point was that your mind can only absorb so much in one day. After a while the questions become a chore and not a learning tool.

I did a max of about 200 questions in one day but that was with USMLErx mixed in (to build stamina). I only did about 3 blocks at the very most per day on UW. It's such an energy drain that it is difficult to maintain focus for any longer.

Thanks for the reply. And ofcourse I knew you were kidding, doing 2000+ questions a day would indeed be close to impossible haha.

I think I'm going to extend my study plan for another week or so just to keep it at 100 questions so I can thoroughly review the explanations. Hopefully review a bit during in order to break the monotony.

Thanks for the responses everyone. :thumbup:

Everyone is different. What works for some might not work for you. Use this time to figure out what works for you and how many questions you can realistically do per day. You have two big goals. 1) Do as many questions as possible 2) Learn the material well enough to get the right answer on Step 1. Don't forget to review the questions you miss.