How many UW questions in a day?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MoscowAbe

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many questions of UW/day is one supposed to be doing? Anyone want to share their study schedule.

I have about 3 weeks left and doing 96 UW questions plus FA in the evening.

Members don't see this ad.

Whether you do 48 or 96 per day, just make sure you study their explanations carefully enough. It's useless to do Uworld if you'd just ignore that! Read through even correct answers and you'd learn a lot.

My exam date is july 2 and i still have 86% of the qbank left so I'm doing 96/day in 2 back to back timed blocks right after my morning coffee (to simulate the tired feeling I'll prob have when I wake up on test day...no test day anxiety doesnt get to me enough to wake me up, I'll prob still hit snooze on the alarm lol).

I dont think more than 100 questions a day is tolerable except on days when you do only questions or a practice test... the reason being.. how long it takes to go over the answers if you really want to get the full value out of them.

if you want to know my schedule.. and today was just the first day of it.. i mght tweak it:

1) woke up at 720, snoozed alarm till 745, brushed teeth, pissed (love the detail dont you?), ate a power bar, chugged coffee. Went on CNN.com for 10 min to let the caffeine hit.

2) 2 back to back timed blocks of 48 on UW

3) went over both blocks in detail annotating as I felt appropriate. This brought me to about 12:45pm, so I started eating lunch toward the end of this.

4) layed down for 30 min to watch first inning of the yankee game (but I always give myself a blow after I eat lunch or dinner).

5) Started doctors in training (First day) at approx 1:30.. between pausing for note taking, quizzes, breaks, dinner, one phone call.. i finished at 9:15 at night. I DEF will not do another round of UW.. thats just too much.. But I think I am going to do 30 min of studying with my roommate at the end of each night as a way to change it up. and each night I might review the previous days DIT crap.. or if youre not doing the course, pick a topic and review that topic for the evening.

How do you manage to do 96 questions plus explanations in such a low amount of time. I too start the same way you do even the cnn part, but by the time i finish 96 questions its already dinner time. :wow:

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely do 96/day. Random timed. If you have three weeks, thats probably ~18 good study days (I usually take off a day a week). You won't finish the qbank unless you do 21 days worth of 96/day.

I agree, it takes me a hell lot of time to review these questions. More like 1 hr to do and 3 hours to review per block.
That aside, i have another dilemma. I am finding that when I used to do tutor mode, my score is almost higher by 10-15% and when I do timed, it drops. I don't know how to overcome the timing anxiety :(

I generally do 5 blocks in tutor mode and read the entire explanation for every question other than most behavioral science and biostats per day. I know that makes me a freak of nature, but for those of you wanting to pick up the pace, it certainly is possible to do so. I only do tutor mode because timing is (obviously) not going to be an issue.

I find myself dwelling too long on the explanations. Its more of an obsession to make sure I get every little piece of info and digest it.

I generally do 5 blocks in tutor mode and read the entire explanation for every question other than most behavioral science and biostats per day. I know that makes me a freak of nature, but for those of you wanting to pick up the pace, it certainly is possible to do so. I only do tutor mode because timing is (obviously) not going to be an issue.

That is a lot! Are you doing anything besides UW also? I'd say that's kind of superhuman... I, too, take 6 hours for 2 times blocks and explanations.

How do you manage to do 96 questions plus explanations in such a low amount of time. I too start the same way you do even the cnn part, but by the time i finish 96 questions its already dinner time. :wow:

how many other things do you have going on? I deactivated facebook, gmail, aim, I dont watch tv, and I keep all other websites closed when I'm working.

I used to be just like you, thats why I had to make those changes..

but i mean i go over everything, but i dont annotate everything.. sometimes I just read it. I only annotate it if its something I never ever heard of before and am sure its not in FA and I just forgot it.

Yeah, I did a Taus-ish pass through everything that included doing all the UW questions. I just finished reading FA again, and I'm going to go through Goljan's margin notes before taking NBME 7. After that, it's one last pass through UW on random, UWSA2, then test time. Eep!

how many other things do you have going on? I deactivated facebook, gmail, aim, I dont watch tv, and I keep all other websites closed when I'm working.

I used to be just like you, thats why I had to make those changes..

but i mean i go over everything, but i dont annotate everything.. sometimes I just read it. I only annotate it if its something I never ever heard of before and am sure its not in FA and I just forgot it.

I deactivated facebook too, the only distraction I have now is the news. I have a habit of checking the headlines and getting caught up reading into the stories. As for watching TV I haven't done that in months. Once I finish this exam I'm going to compensate for all those things :D.