How many withdrawals till it starts to look bad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chuckwalla

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been told numerous times that one W doesn't matter. However I might have to drop a class and it would give me 3 total. The class is a human physiology class. One of the withdrawals is in a photography class I didn't want to take freshman year (the drop date passed before the first class because it was a sprint).

Is there a certain number of withdrawals before it really starts to hurt your chances? And will they even take into consideration a withdrawal from a photography class? Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I have been told numerous times that one W doesn't matter. However I might have to drop a class and it would give me 3 total. The class is a human physiology class. One of the withdrawals is in a photography class I didn't want to take freshman year (the drop date passed before the first class because it was a sprint).

Is there a certain number of withdrawals before it really starts to hurt your chances? And will they even take into consideration a withdrawal from a photography class? Thanks in advance.

A couple of withdrawals is no big deal. A lot looks bad. Where the line is drawn is a judgement call. You should try to minimize the Ws.

A couple of withdrawals is no big deal. A lot looks bad. Where the line is drawn is a judgement call. You should try to minimize the Ws.

Judgement call by who? What experiences have people had with getting in having withdrawals?

Members don't see this ad :)
> 1 withdrawal without a good reason.

Don't sweat this...more SDN Urban Legend...if you were dropping 1 o 2 classes per semester, then retaking them at home over the summer at your neighborhood CC, particularly if they are med school pre reqs, then you will draw attention to yourself...if you maintain good course loads, and graduate "on time," why would anybody care if you had a total of 3, 4, or 5 drops over the course of a college career?