How many years did it take you to complete prerequistes for pharmacy schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bottlecap1990

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Or I should say how many semesters? Did you have a bachelor's degree?

thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I finished my prerequisites in 3 semester, which translates into a very large load. I also have a bachelor's degree which allowed me to finish in less time than most.

I got the bare prerequisites finished within 2 years including both summers. This summer, I'll have two more to go (physics and elective).

Members don't see this ad :)
8 semesters, includes 1 summer (haha I got kinda lazy when I took organic and physics).... no bachelors...

Had a bachelors and used the 5 year plan.

I had a Bachelor's (two, in fact) and am putting the finishing touches on my pre-requisites right now. Total time post-Bachelor's: 2 years including summers. (16 units a semester).

I started in the Spring of 08' and finished in the Spring of 09', so it took me one year. I already had a degree so I was able to skip about three classes, other than that I had some pretty large loads each semester.

I got a B.S. in chemistry then went to grad school where I'll finish my Ph.D. in analytical chemistry this July and I'm taking my last pre-req (zoology) this summer. All in all I've spent about ten years to get into pharmacy school.

I have a BS in BioChemistry (didn't decide to go into pharmacy until 3rd year so I decided I might as well finish up) so it only took me one additional semester to finish my pre-reqs.

I had a BA in English, so I needed 4 regular semester and 2 summers, although I was only full-time for one of those.

I just finished my prerequisites during the past 4 semesters and took 3 summer classes in between my freshman and sophomore year. I had a really heavy courseload and basically no summer but at least im finally done :D

7 semesters - including summers. But I have to complete one more class this summer, so technically it will be 7.5.

2 years, four semesters, didnt need any summers, 3.76 gpa, lol Im 19

8 semesters (with only 12 hours during this last one!) but will finish with a BS (double major in Molecular & Cellular Bio and Psychology) when I graduate in 11 days.

2 years of undergrad is what i did....i also took 2 summer classes and one winter session class to lighten the load during my sophomore year (taking 3 science/math classes per semester with labs was not fun during freshman year :/ )

8 years. 95-96, 2000-2007

Mostly 12-14 units/semester. Would have been faster but I went BS Biochem, Biology minor, was married and had 2 kids in the process while working 30+hrs/week.

i finished all of them in 6 semesters and 2 summers (organic 1 and 2, microbio). i'm not sure if i'm going to stick it out for 2 more years and graduate or apply to pharmacy school this year.

It took me about 10 years...lol, but I took some pretty big breaks. I dont have a BS but, I'm only about 20hrs away from it. Also, I'm married, I've had two kids for most of the ten, never worked less than 40hrs/week and payed it all as I went (never went into debt paying for class). If I took out the breaks it really took me about 6 years, and there were many semesters where I would only take 1-2 classes at a time.