How many?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tomorrowgirl99

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think this question was answered sometime ago, but the search function keeps coming up blank:
Out of the 15 spots on the Amcas for the work/activities section, how many is a good number to fill in? Some people say fill in all of them while others say that the number doesn't matter? What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

tomorrowgirl99 said:
I think this question was answered sometime ago, but the search function keeps coming up blank:
Out of the 15 spots on the Amcas for the work/activities section, how many is a good number to fill in? Some people say fill in all of them while others say that the number doesn't matter? What do you guys think?

A similar thread was on the top page here as recently as yesterday -- you can probably find it. At any rate it totally depends on what activities you have done and how significant they are. Do not look for a general rule -- everyone is going to be different. There will be folks with as few as 3-4 and as many as 15 activities that get into med school. If you try to put down a number of activities to match others numbers you may do more damage than good. Don't fill in things just to fill in things. But if you did substantial or interesting ECs, put them down. Nontrads who have been out of school for a while may have to work hard to cut their list down to just the 15 entries. Some in college may just have as few as 3 to 5 decent ECs. The majority are somewhere in the middle, I suspect.