USMLE How much can one improve step score in 9 weeks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NYmedstudent94

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll keep this short.

My exam is in 9 weeks. I just took a CBSE which I got a 60 on, which is equivalent to about a 180. My uworld % so far is right at 50% first pass. I'm looking for at least 230 on step but would love a 240! Is this reasonable in 2 months? Kinda getting freaked out.

For what it's worth, I will also add that the CBSE score is prior to me reviewing any old material

Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
From what I've heard/read about (taking my CBSE in 10 days), the majority of people do poorly on the CBSE because they haven't really started studying yet, so I don't think it's anything to worry about. There are lots of stories of people getting 180s/190s on the CBSE, buckling down, studying hard and getting good scores. You should be fine. Just do lots and lots of practice questions and review them thoroughly. Would also recommend making Anki cards out of concepts you've been getting wrong (has helped me improve my scores on Rx so far).

Reactions: 1 user
depends on how many of those weeks are dedicated study. If all the 9 weeks are , then you should improve a significant amount

Reactions: 1 user
depends on how many of those weeks are dedicated study. If all the 9 weeks are , then you should improve a significant amount

Yeah they definitely are! My plan is essentially 6 days a week doing anki, sketchy, pathoma, boards and beyond, and questions from 7-6 with an hour break. 1 day a week off with my wife and kids to rest and reset.