1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

How much can one improve verbal?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Dub1, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Dub1

I just took the AAMC practice test 3 verbal without any prior mcat studying and got an 8.

I'm just wondering if verbal scores can be improved consistently.

I won't be taking it for at least 6 months.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. HinduHammer

HinduHammer Righteous in Wrath
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Yes, you can improve it a lot. In my experience you will start hitting a wall around 11-12, because after that often times 1 question missed will equal 1 point taken away from your total score. 39/40 correct = 14 score, 38/40=13, 36-37/40=12.

4. justadream

7+ Year Member

I've improved by zero (started at 11-12, still there). I've done TPRH, EK 101, AAMC SA, AAMC 3,4,5,7,8,9.

5. Eppur Si Muove

Eppur Si Muove And yet, it moves
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    My first test was an abysmal 4 before I had started studying or really learning how to get my timing down, I can consistently get 10-11 now. In my opinion you can definitely improve it based on how you adjust your strategy and approach