Not really feeling so hot this app cycle without aways and my cruddy app. I'm wondering if my step 1 can atleast carry me to match? I've heard that Step 1 isn't really that important for ophtho once you break past the 245 barrier but was advised that a year off would probably be a waste of time.....
- STEP 1: 262, CK TBD after application
- Only 2 H in Psych and Surgery rest HP
- Mid tier Medical school in the Midwest (unfortunately not Iowa lol)
- Barebones ECs (1 leadership position and some free clinic volunteering)
- Below Average-Average Research: 4 Abstracts (3 ophtho, 1 non-ophtho), 2 ophtho papers in submission,
- Will get a strong ophtho letter from my PI, not sure if I will get another ophtho letter or not.