How Much Can You Improve in 2 Weeks?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jHustle

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

I'm scheduled to take the MCAT on July 6th. I actually wanted a June 21st date but there were none available, so I stuck with 7/6 and changed my study plan accordingly.

Well in the last 2 days I've seen some 6/21 dates open and close but I was hesitant to reschedule.

I have yet to take my practice test (I will take it on Tuesday). But if I do take it, what should my minimum score be if my target score on the real thing is a 30+ (obviously the higher the better, but I'd be happy with a 30)?

Is there really a big difference, improvement wise, between 6/21 and 7/6?

Thanks a lot

Members don't see this ad.

I am wondering this as well (I am also scheduled for 7/6 and originally wanted 6/21). Although, now my study plan is on track for 7/6.

^
Yeah, and I happened to finish a bit early (content wise), using ek bio (read it 3 times), TBR physics and chems (did 6 passages each chapter), and am finishing up a mixture review of ochem using EK and mcat-review.org

Any ideas from people that were in the same situation?

Members don't see this ad :)
You are way ahead of me, I should probably stick to 7/6 :)

lol yeah right man. I saw you talk about getting 13 and 14s in BS/PS. I'd say you're a better candidate than I at this moment lol.

Haha you are sorely mistaken - that is only in VR :) my sciences are sh**

Ahh crap lol, my mistake. Well, that's even better since VR is the hardest to improve on.

Either way, there has got to be someone/people that have more insight lol!

Hey guys

I'm scheduled to take the MCAT on July 6th. I actually wanted a June 21st date but there were none available, so I stuck with 7/6 and changed my study plan accordingly.

Well in the last 2 days I've seen some 6/21 dates open and close but I was hesitant to reschedule.

I have yet to take my practice test (I will take it on Tuesday). But if I do take it, what should my minimum score be if my target score on the real thing is a 30+ (obviously the higher the better, but I'd be happy with a 30)?

Is there really a big difference, improvement wise, between 6/21 and 7/6?

Thanks a lot

Realistically you should expect 1-2 points improvement per week of studying. After you take your test on tuesday, go over it ASAP. See what kinds of questions you're getting wrong, what subjects, etc. That's how you can maximize your improvement.

I'm a TPR instructor and that's what I've seen work for my students :)

Realistically you should expect 1-2 points improvement per week of studying. After you take your test on tuesday, go over it ASAP. See what kinds of questions you're getting wrong, what subjects, etc. That's how you can maximize your improvement.

I'm a TPR instructor and that's what I've seen work for my students :)

Ok cool. In your opinion, and i don't know if this is coming out right, but what can I look for in my post-game analysis that will let me know whether or not an extra 2 weeks (june 21st compared to July 6th) will help?

Basically, I want to take this June 21st for a few reasons: I have a summer class starting at the end of june, I wanted to take a mini vacation, I want to apply earlier (though 7/6 isn't bad at all), it's just that in case something goes horribly wrong I'd be able to retake it a lot earlier and still be decently ok timeline wise.

Does this make sense?