General Admissions & OTCAS How much debt is worth the degree?? How will you choose the right school for you?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

elainag1993

Reaction score
Hey all! So with acceptances coming in more and more, I am genuinely worried about how I will ultimately choose the right school. The biggest question I have is do I choose the obviously better program but accept the $100,000 debt price tag with it? OR choose a program simply because it is the cheapest? OR is there a good balance?

In your minds, how much debt is reasonable for a MSOT or OTD? For those who are going or have gone through school, what has your experience shown you?

What other factors are important to you all when deciding which school to attend?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Unless the cheaper program is truly worse, I'm inclined to say choose the least expensive option without compromising quality. Yes, balance is key!

I know you said one program is obviously better...but what criteria are you using/is it the right criteria for you? For example, I'll be attending a state school. There is another (expensive!) school with more prestige and more research opportunities that I could have applied to. I decided not to because I'm not too interested in research or a doctorate. The 130k price tag would have crippled me for life. So not worth it when one has options!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey all! So with acceptances coming in more and more, I am genuinely worried about how I will ultimately choose the right school. The biggest question I have is do I choose the obviously better program but accept the $100,000 debt price tag with it? OR choose a program simply because it is the cheapest? OR is there a good balance?

In your minds, how much debt is reasonable for a MSOT or OTD? For those who are going or have gone through school, what has your experience shown you?

What other factors are important to you all when deciding which school to attend?

Go to cheaper school. If it's accredited its good.

Reactions: 1 user