How much did you improve on your DAT score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OrangeStorm

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have taken Kaplan free practice test. I didn't study at all. I was just wanna to see what's on the test and where I was as I almost finish my 2nd year of college. I got 16 overall. I couldn't remember the break-down score on each section. So my question to those who are studying DAT and have taken the real DAT is how much you improved after preparing for the test. And does any outside source help? Like private tutor, or courses. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

OrangeStorm said:
I have taken Kaplan free practice test. I didn't study at all. I was just wanna to see what's on the test and where I was as I almost finish my 2nd year of college. I got 16 overall. I couldn't remember the break-down score on each section. So my question to those who are studying DAT and have taken the real DAT is how much you improved after preparing for the test. And does any outside source help? Like private tutor, or courses. Thanks.

The kaplan course is good to take (more for the materials than the instruction) If you put in a solid summer of study you should easily be able to get 20's.

bkwash said:
The kaplan course is good to take (more for the materials than the instruction) If you put in a solid summer of study you should easily be able to get 20's.
By solid summer, how many hours are you talking about a day and for how long?? just curious because i have already started studying, more like an hour a day because i have class until first of may, and am going to study all summer so i can kick the DATS ass

bkwash said:
Thank you. I see lots hope now. I won't take the DAT until next spring, which means I still have almost a year to prepare for it. As I get more pre-requisite courses out of the way, I should feel more confident.

Members don't see this ad :)
golfmontpoker said:
By solid summer, how many hours are you talking about a day and for how long?? just curious because i have already started studying, more like an hour a day because i have class until first of may, and am going to study all summer so i can kick the DATS ass

yeah, summer06 is the summer of the DAT for me.kaplan class for a month, study study study study study study study like eight hours a day everyday (aka memorize every DAT book possible), regurgitate everything for test, apply. wheeeeeeeeee :laugh:

amsie said:
yeah, summer06 is the summer of the DAT for me.kaplan class for a month, study study study study study study study like eight hours a day everyday (aka memorize every DAT book possible), regurgitate everything for test, apply. wheeeeeeeeee :laugh:
Same strategy here. Re-writing the books, speaking the books in to a voice recorder then listening to them :p Crazy? Probably. Will I crush the test under the sheer power of my science? Most definately!

golfmontpoker said:

Good Luck with that bro, I'm sure you will indeed kick the DAT's @$$. :luck:

armorshell said:
Same strategy here. Re-writing the books, speaking the books in to a voice recorder then listening to them :p Crazy? Probably. Will I crush the test under the sheer power of my science? Most definately!

speaking into voice recorder? i wanna turn all the science stuff into mp3s and put it on my ipod. i know ill do better on anything i can memorize, because i memorize more easily than i actually learn. i have a schedule for the summer already. and it says i wake up at 7AM everyday.oy vey :(

amsie said:

:thumbup: to answer the previous question this sounds pretty good...

amsie said:
speaking into voice recorder? i wanna turn all the science stuff into mp3s and put it on my ipod. i know ill do better on anything i can memorize, because i memorize more easily than i actually learn. i have a schedule for the summer already. and it says i wake up at 7AM everyday.oy vey :(
7am?!?!?! Whats wrong with you! :p :laugh: Its summer, even though im going to put in a solid 6-8 hours in everyday (Hopefully...), im sleeping in!! I figure start studying around 12 to around 6 or 7... this should be fine. And at least one day off a week to go drink some beers at the bar :eek:

amsie said:
Well, it's the microphone on my iRiver... so I don't need any extra steps to do the .mp3 conversion :)

Good luck everybody!

golfmontpoker said:
7am?!?!?! Whats wrong with you! :p :laugh: Its summer, even though im going to put in a solid 6-8 hours in everyday (Hopefully...), im sleeping in!! I figure start studying around 12 to around 6 or 7... this should be fine. And at least one day off a week to go drink some beers at the bar :eek:

drinks? bar? beer? from may 21st-test day, i dont know what those are. also, i dont know the meaning of friends, going out, shopping,parties, etc. its a freakin summer, i figure i can give that stuff up to study for a test that pretty much decides the rest of my life. i refuse to do mediocre on this thing-all the prelim studying ive done pretty much showed that its definately conquerable. and im gonna do it. yup.