How much did you pay for your DFV 3.5ef loupes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

csung1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am in australia and my local DFV rep is charging me $4000AUD (about $4000USD) right now for the DFV 3.5EF loupes. What did you guys get it for??

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah it sounds like you could get it cheaper by ordering from somewhere else. did the DFV rep give you your measurements?

i havnt been to see him yet. ive only talked to him on the phone.

anyway, when the dfv reps do your measurements, is it anything unique or "special"? What im getting at is, can i just go to an optometrist or something and get them to measure my working distance and interpupillary distance and email them to DFV new york direct?

If a DFV rep floating around on these forums could respond aswell on better prices for australian buyers, that would be good...

$1521 USD shipped

How did you order yours if you got it shipped? Did you go through a local rep, or do things all over the net/phone etc???

Thanks

How did you order yours if you got it shipped? Did you go through a local rep, or do things all over the net/phone etc???

Thanks

local rep came to the school for a loupes fair. he took my measurements on the spot. there was also a student discount applied.

how accurate do the design for vision reps take your eye/working distance measurements? do you rekon an optometrist can do the same measurements and i can send the details to DFV directly to get the dfv3.5ef made?

how accurate do the design for vision reps take your eye/working distance measurements? do you rekon an optometrist can do the same measurements and i can send the details to DFV directly to get the dfv3.5ef made?

working distance is best measured with a maniquin. Some DFV reps are better at taking measurements than others. I had to have my loupes remeasure by a second rep before everything was on target.

I m not sure if optometrist will help, b/c DFV rep will take two measurements. One is your interpup distance, which can be measure by opto. The second one is your functional pupillary distance (when you look down) at a specific working distance you chose. If your optometrist can take the second measurement for you, then go to your optom.