How much did you sleep night before MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

willthatsall

Unretired
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How long? Not enough for me, nerves got me.

Members don't see this ad.

In bed at 9:30. Nearly asleep at 10:30 when my fiancee's dad calls me to wish me luck (God love him). Unable to sleep until 1:00 after that. Woke up ten til 6:00 and showered, ate pop-tarts. We'll see how it turns in 1.5 weeks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got around 7 hours of peaceful sleep. Naturally, I was refreshed in the morning. The thing is I only slept about 5 hours the night before, in preparation for the night before the test. It worked out well.

I marked 6-8 hours, but thinking about it I definitely got less. I tried to fall asleep at 10:45, but two hours later I was still awake. I probably fell asleep at 1, and I woke up at 6:30 (8 AM testing time). I would have liked to sleep longer, but I was actually pretty refreshed and wasn't tired at all during the day. About an hour after I had left the exam (finished ~1 PM) I definitely felt exhausted, though.

i slept around 7.5-8 hours the night before ( i took the test on sept 12)...but i took sleeping pills the night before (i used to be an insomniac and had a prescription for ambien). so went to bed around 10:30, fell asleep immediately, woke up at 2:30, drank a glass of wine and then feel asleep again at maybe 3:30 or 4 am, finally woke up at 8:30 am. yayy for sleeping pills and alcohol =)...and i was completely fine during the test

for all of u out there who are worried about getting sleep before the test...i suggest u take a sleep aid or drink some wine before going to bed. itll put u to sleep. DO NOT TAKE CHANCES WITH THIS TEST!! i voided the test twice in the past year because i couldnt sleep the night before each test and i was falling asleep during each test...it was awful..thats why i took the pills and drank the wine the night before the sept 12 test...worked like a charm

I did a bunch of exercise the day before to reduce my stress, it made me plenty tired to sleep

Last edited:
I didn't sleep at all actually. Eventhough I tried to wake up early all week to train myself and control my sleeping patterns. It was tough... I suggest taking some benadryl for people still in the process of testing :eek:

5 hours max, and that's the only thing I regret. I was struggling to stay awake at the end of the BS. Hopefully that didn't hurt me much.

I probably slept 8-9 hours. I slept like a baby that night. I was as confident as could be... It was the night AFTER the MCAT I didn't sleep well. I was unexpectedly rocked by the 6/13 MCAT.