how much did your real MCAT score differ from your average AAMC practice scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

32yoPremed

Old and a Classics Major
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

i think the last exam should be the best indicator of your score not the average. Your diagnostic is usually at least 4-6 points lower than the real deal. this would throw your average off quite a bit. Usually you expect to see an upward trend over practice exams and hope to best your practice exams or match the highest score.

32yoPremed said:
I am curious how predictive the AAMC practice exams are. How much did your real MCAT score differ from your average practice test score?

Try asking in a few weeks when April scores come out.

I hope I got several points higher on the real thing than my AAMC average, although I don't think that it's realistic (for me at least).

It seems more plausible to get a lower score on the actual test because of environment, anxiety, lack of sleep etc. Which is why you should take the practice tests in a setting as close to MCAT conditions as possible.

And the wait goes on... :luck:

Lilah said:
Try asking in a few weeks when April scores come out.

I hope I got several points higher on the real thing than my AAMC average, although I don't think that it's realistic (for me at least).

It seems more plausible to get a lower score on the actual test because of environment, anxiety, lack of sleep etc. Which is why you should take the practice tests in a setting as close to MCAT conditions as possible.

And the wait goes on... :luck:

This poll would be more interesting if you were to make the intervals a little smaller. +/-1 to +/-2 to +/-3. Most of the answers are within your first interval so it begs the question of what is going on in there. Just a suggestion.

The bold stuff is 1.) true for most so get that figured out before test day (take that from someone who didn't) 2.) greeeeeeaaaaat advice.

Members don't see this ad :)
WestTexasRambler said:
This poll would be more interesting if you were to make the intervals a little smaller. +/-1 to +/-2 to +/-3. Most of the answers are within your first interval so it begs the question of what is going on in there. Just a suggestion.

The bold stuff is 1.) true for most so get that figured out before test day (take that from someone who didn't) 2.) greeeeeeaaaaat advice.
WestTexas: did you have problems with test anxiety? That blows, buddy, I'm sorry :(

Also, the *AVERAGE* of the last 3 exams should be given. Furthermore, perhaps what test prep (or combination thereof) were used.