How much do OMFS residents make?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

4 3rds Dr

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How much do Oral and Maxillofacial surgeons make during residency? The OMFS Dr. I work for said you dont make very much and then went into his office. Do you guys have any numerical idea of how much they make?

Thanks,
Justin

Members don't see this ad.

The OMFS Dr. I work for said you dont make very much and then went into his office.
Typical. Sounds like an OMFS I shadowed. You'll get better results if you move your thread over to the residency forum.

Doesnt the admin have to move the thread?

I think ill just make a new one though, thanks. =)

Members don't see this ad :)
in the 40's. You can go to almost any OMFS program website and get the exact numbers.

How much do Oral and Maxillofacial surgeons make during residency? The OMFS Dr. I work for said you dont make very much and then went into his office. Do you guys have any numerical idea of how much they make?

Thanks,
Justin

Also know that many programs are amenable to moonlighting. As said, most places pay you in the 40's (which means different things in different cities... i.e. New York = piss poor vs. Shreveport = aristocrat). As for me, I moonlight roughly 2 days a month and bring in an extra $2-3 grand a month. I know other people at my program moonlight a bit more and bring in a good hunk of change. I also know of residents at other programs working a ton, and bringing in close to 6 figures or so:eek:. Either way, you ain't gonna starve, even with a family to support:D...