How much do OMFS residents make?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

4 3rds Dr

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How much do Oral and Maxillofacial surgeons make during residency? The OMFS Dr. I work for said you dont make very much and then he just went into his office. Do you guys have any numerical idea of how much they make?

Thanks,
Justin

Members don't see this ad.

How much do Oral and Maxillofacial surgeons make during residency? The OMFS Dr. I work for said you dont make very much and then he just went into his office. Do you guys have any numerical idea of how much they make?

Thanks,
Justin

I suppose low end would be $35k, maybe $60k at top end? Lots provide insurance, some meals, some uniform related expenses, etc.

They're GME funded so be glad you'll get something.

$2-3/hour I bet! You aint getting rich.

You can find this info on any omfs website. They publish it up front.

Example:

http://www.omfs.ucsf.edu/userfiles/file/RESBROCHURE2007.pdf

You will notice a very hansom raise for being chief resident.

Thanks,
Justin

enough that you can't collect food stamps, and barely enough to be called doctor. The nurses and PA's make more than you.