How much do you pay for your loan per month after you get PharmD?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ngynththo

accepted pharmacy student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am much worry of the loan I would be responsible for if I am lucky enough to become a Pharmacist. Can you tell me how much you have to pay per month after you get PharmD and for how long?
Thanks very much.

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard that we shouldn't be too concerned with loan repayments, because by the time we become pharmacists, our income will be enough to take care of it (if we don't go crazy overspending).

I also met with the dean of my preferred pharmacy school and he said that there are many companies that help pay off your loans. He said Rite Aid does this, and I personally know a hospital pharmacist who's employer agreed to pay a huge portion of her loans as a bonus.

So I wouldn't be too worried about it.

My estimated monthly payment is around $1,370(according to StudentLoanXpress). Even Walgreens' student aid won't be that much of a help. I'll probably need 2 incomes to supplement the lifestyle I want.

BTW the estimate was for the 10y plan. The 30y plan wouldn't have been that much off(around $750-$800), and I'd hate to still pay any student loans by the time I'm 50 or 60.

For all the posts made here........are u all guys talking about international student fees/ in state fees/ out state fees.
I am a canadian student so i wud be paying more depending upon the university i go....so plz lemme know about that :wow: