SB100

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2007
Cambridge, MA
www.facebook.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I'm starting my first year in about a month and I think I want to use Fedex, Kinko's, or some other copy service to print and bind the lecture slides that will be put online. I find that I can't study when I'm on a computer and this will make it easier for me to annotate during lectures. My school doesn't seem to offer a certain amount of print-outs for free per school year like some others, so I'm concerned about the cost this will run me. Does anyone else print out and bind the PowerPoint slides from class, and if so how much does this cost you?

CBG23

10+ Year Member
Jun 28, 2007
Status
I regularly get my notes bound. It costs ~4 bucks at kinkos to get them bound and have a protective cover/ backing. Given that I am one of the most disorganized people when it comes to class notes and that I, too, cannot read my notes on a computer, it is well worth it.

PBandJ

hot dog back in action!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2005
toast or english muffins
Status
MD/PhD Student
it costs mucho dinero to have kinko's print out documents. i used to print large documents at school (we have a certain number of pages included as a print quota). but i guess since your school doesn't have that as an option, you could have kinko's print them. or buy a cheap laser printer for home use.

just fyi though, office depot does the binding services too and they are significantly cheaper than kinko's. i paid only $4 to have first aid cut and 3-hole punched, and friends paid $8 or more at kinko's.

CBG23

10+ Year Member
Jun 28, 2007
Status
I printed them out (in B&W) at school, so printing cost me nothing. If this is not an option, I would either A) get a high capacity/ volume color ink cartridge if you want color B) Get a color laser printer if you want to print in color C) Get a high volume B&W ink cartridge for your printer D) Buy a cheap laser bW printer

OP
SB100

SB100

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2007
Cambridge, MA
www.facebook.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Looks like my printer cartridges are already considered "high volume" so I guess I don't really have to do anything but get a ton of paper :p

2008orbust

OLDER THAN YOU!
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2007
Michigan
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I print out at school computer lab and I bought a binder on ebay for super cheap.

Doctor D.

10+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2006
Status
Medical Student
they will more than likely give u syllabi...I usually take notes on the margin, but if u need to bind extra notes or ppts, kinkos charges like $3 with the student discount :)