How much does 2nd pass of UWorld inflate your percentage

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

golfman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here is my situation. I did almost all of UWorld and finished in early March. Percentage was about 60%.

I just started my 2nd pass last week (about 3 months later), and am now averaging around 75%.

I've studied quite a bit since March, and don't really remember the UWorld questions I did from September to March.

Should I have confidence in this 75%, or does the fact that it's my 2nd pass just inflate the score? I would like some confidence, as I am FREAKING out for this monster test.

Members don't see this ad.

started out upper 70s (say 78%)...second pass through was hitting 91%...I'd say half the questions you get right the second time are due to you remembering them from before and half from actually having the knowledge needed to answer the question

funny thing is many times i answered a question based on what i thought the correct answer was from before and i got it wrong but questions where i ignored what i thought to be the answer and instead went with what i had learned were usually correct...so as long you are basing your answers on knowledge and you can explain why a certain answer is right then i would think the 75% is for real

repeating the bank regardless of the time lapse will definitely increase your %, by how much i am not sure, i would guess 5-10%. i think what is important on the second pass is for you to be able to repeat the explanations they give to the right answer and not necessarily getting the question right

Members don't see this ad :)
I am pretty much in the same situation as yours...including the freaking out part!:oops:

I finished UW with 68% aggregate.2nd pass on now and averaging btw 75%-85%.

I agree with the post above, as long as you can reason it out on your own, don't pay much attention to the numbers.Just keep going, doing a second pass of UW is THE best thing you can do next to FA.:thumbup:

same situation here! did uworld 3 months ago with 54% correct and now I'm scoring 80%