how much $ does a normal dental chair cost?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Smooth Operater

don't bug "operatEr"!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Somone told me that it costs about half a million for a dental chair, and I don't believe it. how much $ does a normal dental chair cost?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Somone told me that it costs about half a million for a dental chair, and I don't believe it. how much $ does a normal dental chair cost?

for half a million that chair better rub my jollies

Just walked through a brand new pediatric dentist's practice last night and her chairs cost $15,000 per.

$10,000-$15,000 is probably about average for a chair. But you will have no trouble finding someone to sell you a more expensive model. I just got a quote from Patterson to equip 2 ops with chairs, units, sterilization and digital radiographs. $220,000. That doesn't include installation, instruments, computers, supplies, or any of the zillion other things you need to run a dental practice.

I think the rep thought he saw "fresh meat" written on my forehead. Needless to say, I won't be going with Patterson - or at least not that rep.

Reactions: 1 user
$10,000-$15,000 is probably about average for a chair. But you will have no trouble finding someone to sell you a more expensive model. I just got a quote from Patterson to equip 2 ops with chairs, units, sterilization and digital radiographs. $220,000. That doesn't include installation, instruments, computers, supplies, or any of the zillion other things you need to run a dental practice.

I think the rep thought he saw "fresh meat" written on my forehead. Needless to say, I won't be going with Patterson - or at least not that rep.

Wow that is amazing. Please keep us posted on what offers you get, this is very interesting.

Hello. What do you think about Chineese dental equipment?
How much does it normaly cost good quality dental chairs, casting mashines?
Where i should buy it?

What do you think about Pakistan dental instruments?

Thanks,
Donatas

Hello. What do you think about Chineese dental equipment?
How much does it normaly cost good quality dental chairs, casting mashines?
Where i should buy it?

What do you think about Pakistan dental instruments?

Thanks,
Donatas
At least once a year, I have to spend $80 for the repair of each of my $500 Midwest handpieces. Last month, I took Daurang’s advice and purchased four cheap high speed handpieces from a Hong Kong seller on Ebay. I paid $30 each and the shipping was free. They are still OK after 4-5 cycles of high temperature (360F) dry heat sterilization. When these cheap handpieces stop working, I just throw them away. Thanks, Daurang!

More than 50% of my ortho instruments are Pakistanian made. Most of them are still in good working condition after 5 years of heavy usage.

Reactions: 1 users
Just walked through a brand new pediatric dentist's practice last night and her chairs cost $15,000 per.

You can buy nice pedo benches for 1000$-1850$.
There is no need to spend 15K.

Wow, what a rip off. Stay away from Patterson.
Google Southwest Medical & Dental and talk to Scott Perry. He can set up an office anywhere in country probably for 25% of the price that the Patterson guys want. Go to Dental town and look at threads by Scott Leune, you will learn a ton about saving money on a start up.

Just the chair alone starts at $3000. A complete chair setup with cuspidor, light, suction, etc. starts at $6500. There are some cheap beautifully designed chinese chairs; the only problem is who's gonna service them and where or how you gonna get the parts. The most expensive chairs aren't necessarily the most reliable chairs so ask around.

Last edited:
I just got a quote from Patterson to equip 2 ops with chairs, units, sterilization and digital radiographs. $220,000. That doesn't include installation, instruments, computers, supplies, or any of the zillion other things you need to run a dental practice..

You must really look like a 12yr. old kid. I constructed my office from scratch (permits, framing, drywall, hvac, electrical, painting, carpet, cabinet, installation, etc.) and completely equipped with 2 ops for $80K total.

Planmeca has an all-digital unit (chair + delivery system). I'm not sure if anyone actually buys these, or if Planmeca just puts them places to show off. The units sell for something like $115,000/ea.

The "Dream Room" at UMD BCDS has a bunch of these (~10-14). Also, our off-site rural clinic in Perryville/Cecil County, MD, has a bunch of these too.

They're sweet, but there is certainly a learning curve - everything is done using the GUI: moving the chair, adjusting the brightness of the light, adjusting handpiece settings, etc. It's weird. But they're amazing, and can pretty much hold any beast of a patient that comes your way (rated to something like 800lbs).

i have to reconfigure a business plan to convince the banks that these are worth the money for my future reception area...thoughts??

You must really look like a 12yr. old kid. I constructed my office from scratch (permits, framing, drywall, hvac, electrical, painting, carpet, cabinet, installation, etc.) and completely equipped with 2 ops for $80K total.

Where are you building and how big was the office? this is an unbelievable price even for a house, let alone a new dental practice.

Where are you building and how big was the office? this is an unbelievable price even for a house, let alone a new dental practice.

This is a suburb of Boston with 1600sf space. The quote for construction was $15K but unexpected costs more than double the original quote. I though it was still relatively cheap even with the costs overrun so I didn't complain too much.

hello,
who knows some best companies of dental equipment and lab equipment (casting machines).

Thanks,
Donatas

I have to respond to this thread, because my Australian Futures (stock) broker goes by the name of Smoothoperator in a different (investment) forum..:) I would say about $ 13,000-$ 15,000 per chair..

normally dental chairs do not cost that much, however it depends on what you can afford and what exactly do you want (new, used). My friend dentist that works in Serbia right now bought a used chair on bimedis for 4k, and it was in pretty neat condition. Normally you would have to waste from 3-6 i guess, but new are way more expensive