How much does it cost- Application Process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OtisO

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! I am still young into my academics. I am a sophomore and plan to apply to medical school. I want to apply to all the state schools where I live (Missouri). These would be UMKC, Mizzou, Saint Louis University and Washington University (If I feel I am competitive at the time). I will also apply to several other schools of course. I know the numbers will not be perfect, but can someone shoot out a number (#) of schools to apply to and how much ($$$) it will cost me? If you have a rough estimate of all application costs (ex: $500 per app and $200 for this fee, blah blah), that would be great! I just like to plan ahead and don't want to shoot myself in the foot with finances now.

THANKS VERY MUCH ALL

Members don't see this ad.

In addition to what gonnif said, if you ended up applying to DO schools keep in mind they all have tuition deposits of $1000-$2000. For reference, I applied to 16 schools and set aside $6000. Good luck with everything!