how much does it cost to take a course as a non degree seeking student?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medicalschoolhelp1234

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
how much does it cost to take a course as a non degree seeking student?

Members don't see this ad.

Three dollars and fifty cents.

Reactions: 2 users
Depends on the school you take the course at. They tend to charge you a couple hundred bucks per hr at most state schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
You could sign up as a degree seeking student so you get better priority registration for classes and cheaper tuition. I have friends in medical school who've done this and they sometimes still get mail from their post bacc institutions inviting them to come complete their degree lol.

As others have stated, the amount varies. To give you a rough idea, for one unit at my undergrad institution, it costs 1,000 dollars.

Go to a public school. I paid $900 at my state school. My undergrad charges $3K+ per non-degree post-bac class.

Go to a public school. I paid $900 at my state school. My undergrad charges $3K+ per non-degree post-bac class.

It's so terrible. 1 credit at private schools can be upwards of 1.3-1.5k.

Google said school. If they don't have a non-degree option, usually they charge you for grad tuition.

So if I pursue a DIY postbac ill be spending 2.2k dollars for each course. I was planning to take 3 upper level courses

at my state school, I paid the same rate for undergrad classes as a NDSS as I did as an undergrad

How is it possible to pay only 900 dollars for a course when its over 1k for just 1 credit hour?
My public school is $900 ($300/credit). My undergrad (a private school) is $3000 per class (each class is 1 course unit). Sorry if that wasn't clear.