• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

How much does the DAT affect your chances if you have low GPA?

Shermanmurman

10+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2007
  1. Non-Student
Hey there, If you have a low science GPA (3.1), how much does the DAT affect your chances of getting in? I really screwed up my first few years and am paying for it now:(. I am taking the kaplan next month, along with buying the destroyer. I am pretty confident I can do well, like a 20. I also have a lot of shadowing / community service. I also have great LORs, even from professors I didn't do so hot in. Do I stand a chance? Does anyone know? Which schools should I aim for? Any help would be great.

vellnueve

10+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2006
I did less than spectacular my first few years, but brought my grades up and did pretty well on all the DAT sections, and got two acceptances with another interview that I have not received an answer from yet (although I have already chosen a school to attend so it no longer matters)

If your grades were poor your first few years of college but you showed significant improvement, it will go much further than simply great DAT scores. If you're out of school already then take some CE classes in sciences. The high DAT scores will help but they will not completely offset lackluster across the board performance in class.

About the Ads

Shermanmurman

10+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2007
  1. Non-Student
I appreciate the info, but what is good? 21? 22? I mean I know I am not a dummy, but at the same time I don't think I can get a 24 or something. Doesn't shadowing / community service and great LORs count a little??:oops: I guess if I don't get in the first year, I can always take some classes and reapply the following. But I was really hoping to get in somewhere...........:(

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.