How much does this criminal charge hurt my applications?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hankthekind

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a class E misdemeanor for shoplifting a $10 item from Wal-mart when I was a senior in high-school (I was 18 when I did it, now I’m 34). It’s the only event on my criminal record. My medical school advisor says this shouldn’t hurt my chances of getting into medical school. I’m seeking other perspectives.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I have a class E misdemeanor for shoplifting a $10 item from Wal-mart when I was a senior in high-school (I was 18 when I did it, now I’m 34). It’s the only event on my criminal record. My medical school advisor says this shouldn’t hurt my chances of getting into medical school. I’m seeking other perspectives.
You will be fine. Sufficient time has passed for a relatively minor crime when you were young. My school would not hold that against you. Best of luck.

Reactions: 4 users
Hi,

Thanks.
This is nothing.

Reactions: 2 users